Christmas Special!

( note! this was originally written for christmas in 2017, and is currently being edited in 2023

( note! this was originally written for christmas in 2017, and is currently being edited in 2023. everything is the same except for some updated grammar! this chapter still means so much to me, and will always be one of my favorite things i've ever written for this series! )

"MAL, WE'RE GONNA be late!" Natasha shouted to Mal, who was busy pulling on her pants.

"I'll be right there, Nat!" Mal shouted back, successfully yanking her pants on. She grabbed her boots, quickly pulling them on over her adorable reindeer socks. Tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind her ear, Mal paused to look at the several pictures sitting on her desk, smiling faces staring back at her. There was the one she took from her old home before she joined the Avengers, a little her with her parents in Wakanda. Next to it was a picture with a twelve-year-old Mal standing next to an amused Coulson. She was holding up Phil's newest addition to his Captain America's trading card collection, of which she gave to him. After that was a picture of fifteen-year-old Mal standing between Alexis and Rosa. They were all grinning brightly. Mal smiled softly, ignoring the pang in her heart. "Merry Christmas, guys." She said quietly before leaving her room.

"Took you long enough," Natasha joked, looking absolutely stunning. Her red lipstick was applied perfectly, and she was wearing a gorgeous black dress. Mal felt incredibly underdressed next to her, with black jeans, an ugly Avengers themed Christmas sweater, and a simple pair of boots, gifted to her by Natasha a month ago. "You look good." Natasha said as if she had read Mal's mind. "Let's go, Tony's car is waiting." Mal rolled her eyes but followed Natasha out of the apartment. She was excited to see everyone together again.

–•–•–

"There she is!" An already tipsy Tony Stark shouted as Mal entered the room, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "Bruce! Our third Science Bro is here!" He shouted again, whirling them around to find Bruce. Mal laughed, but didn't correct him about her not being a bro. Bruce smiled apologetically at Mal for Tony.

"Sorry about him, Mal. It's good to see you again." Mal stepped away from Tony to greet Bruce with a hug.

"It's okay, I'm pretty used to it." Mal explained, making Bruce laugh. He turned, grabbing a mug from the table behind him and then held it out to Mal.

"Have some eggnog." He said with a smile, and Mal took it gratefully. The two were interrupted by Thor, who was previously taking in the wonders of Tony's very large Christmas tree.

"Lady Mal!" He bellowed, approaching her quickly. Thor hugged her, picking her up with ease as he did so. Mal laughed, returning his hug before he let her down again. "I have a gift for you, as is tradition on this day of yours!" Thor turned to where one of the couches was, and picked up a box that was not wrapped, or even truly a regular box. It was made of a dark metal, with intricate patterns and symbols carved into it. "I asked my mother and the Lady Sif for ideas on what to give you." Mal raised an eyebrow at Thor, a soft smile stretching across her lips.