0.4

MAL WATCHED FURY and Loki through the monitor, while sitting in a comfortable chair in one of the briefing rooms of the Helicarrier

MAL WATCHED FURY and Loki through the monitor, while sitting in a comfortable chair in one of the briefing rooms of the Helicarrier. Loki was trapped inside of a large glass cell that is held up by hydraulic rigs. There was no way that Loki could break out of there, no matter how hard he tried. Mal leaned forward in her seat, listening intently as Fury began speaking to Loki.

"In case it's unclear — you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass," Fury presses a button, which opens up a hatch underneath Loki's cell. The god attempts to peer as much as he can from the glass of his cell to see the large opening directly beneath him. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury said sternly, before closing the hatch and gesturing to Loki with his hands. "Ant." He then points to the button that controls the hatch. "Boot." Mal contained her urge to laugh, covering her mouth with her hand.

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki said smugly, holding his hands out to gesture to the cage.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said, holding his hands together behind his back. Loki nodded slowly, a smirk stretching it's way across his lips.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki looked up into the camera, almost as if he were staring at everyone watching through the monitors. Mal glanced up Bruce, who was watching the monitor intently. "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. And the witch, a child who cannot possibly understand the power she holds. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Bruce and Mal look at each other, both quiet and nervous.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate, and you might not be glad that you did." Fury said, his jaw clenched as he stared down the Asgardian.

"It burns you to come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power was." Loki seemed pleased with himself, that infuriating smirk still planted across his face.

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something." As Fury left the room, the monitor went black and Mal looked up, pushing herself away from the large table with a low whistle.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce said jokingly, but there was still a frown on his face.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve said, looking to Thor, who sighed. Mal could see that this entire thing was tearing him apart. He was being forced to fight against his own brother, adopted or not. She didn't know how that felt, seeing as she was an only sibling, but she knew what loss felt like.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any known world. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor explained, looking troubled. Mal nearly threw up at the mention of a genuine alien army coming to invade their world for the Tesseract.