eleven.

before i start: 2k already?! this is amazing i am so pleased thank u all for sticking with me. happy 1 week of this fic as well! y'all are amazing.

-

"IT was pretty cool, considering the good historical accuracy and man, those actors were good. Except Alex. Alex's a bitch."ranted Abbie as we walked out the movie house, people discussing the movie around us.

I rolled my eyes at her and shot back,"In a war, there will always be that one shithead who thinks everyone is the enemy, Bie. In fact, Alex is the only one who has a ton of things to say and it kinda ruined the whole silent-mysterious-serious vibe of the movie."

She nodded. "True. True. Oh, hey, hold on, someone's calling."she fished out her phone and took the call.

I walked in silence, looking around and trying to look for the cast. I'd like to see them again before we left, naturally.

No such luck. Abbie was still arguing with someone on her phone, and I decided to get out my own phone, in case there were any calls.

A text from my bio professor....a quiz next week. A call from Kieran, but I was avoiding him for a while. Oh, a text from.....Fionn.

I smiled as my excitement rose, and I texted back as fast as I could, not noticing Abbie had finished her call and was reading my texts over my shoulder.

you
sure, i'd love to? tomorrow maybe?

"Who's that, Han?"

I jumped, and turned to look at Abbie, whose eyes had narrowed at the phone in my hand.

"Um...just....a....friend."I stammered.

"A friend, huh? Meeting for the first time tomorrow?"

"No...."I saw her face.

"Yes,"I mumbled, defeated.

Her face darkened. "Are you sure you really want to meet this guy? Is he trustworthy?"

A strange sense of protectiveness crept up my chest. "Yeah. Yeah, of course."

"And how can you justify that?"she pressed.

I frowned. "It's just, a feeling. You know.....when you just know."I said.

Something changed in her eyes. I didn't understand. But whatever it was, her expression softened and she finally nodded her head.

Breathing in, she said, "Ok. Ok. I.....just want you to be safe, alright? Make sure whoever it is you're meeting, he's trustworthy."

Then she smiled, but a linger of sadness remained in her eyes, something I would press her for later.

"Now, tell me all about him,"she ordered, "I gotta approve first."