Just For the Summer {Cashton}

☼ PROLOGUE ☼

I always looked forward to summer.

Summer was that time of the year where the sun shines its brightest. Everyone is out of school and are having the time of their lives, meeting up with friends and making big plans. Nothing could stop them anymore. Vacation was what they needed after an entire year of stress.

With me, there's a usual routine. Right after the last day of school, my family and I drive up the coast to the beach. There's a house over there that stood right above the sand that we owned, and its interior has eighteen years of memories written on it. We weren't the only ones living in it though; my best friend Calum's family as well. We've all been close for as long as I could remember.

But this year... this year it'll be a bit different. The house will only be occupied by a party of two: Calum and I.

It was the last summer before my best friend and I start college. Scary, I know. That's why we wanted to make these next two months unforgettable. Just let loose and do things out of instinct; make life a surprise. That way, it wouldn't be boring.

"Can't believe we're driving up to the old house again," Calum grinned excitedly, looking out at the opened window beside him. The cool breeze swept through his face while doing so.

"I know," I replied with a smile. My head faced towards the road, but my eyes were on him. "It's going to be a bit different though. Considering our parents won't be there."

He chuckled. "Ah, that's fine. More bonding time with my best mate!" He reached out to playfully pinch me on the cheek, hand falling to rest on my thigh after. I couldn't help but laugh.

Calum and I sang out to random pop songs on the radio throughout our entire road trip. I was tapping to the rhythm on the steering wheel, while he nodded his head. I couldn't wait for this summer to officially begin.

I have a feeling it's going to be the best of the best.

● ● ●

[ A/N: i'm getting those summer vibes! there's only about 7 weeks left of school, and i figured now's the time to start. :-) i'm not the best at writing summaries nor prologues, but i promise it'll get better from here. happy reading! voting/feedback would be nice ♡ ]