( IX. ) : VISITING HISTORY

“Ashton.”

“Ashton Irwin.”

“Ashton Fletcher Irwin.”

“Bubby.”

“Boyfriend?”

“…Babe?”

They would not stop shaking the life of me. There were earphones plugged tightly in my ears, so whatever they were saying, I could only hear the muffled portions. It was far too hot and far too fucking bright to open my eyes. I didn’t feel like having it today. The person who was trying to wake me up began to poke my cheek repeatedly, and I grumbled, rolling over so that my back would face them.

Suddenly, I felt a huge weight plop on the empty spot next to me. They began to inch closer and closer until our bodies were fully pressed against each other. I felt fingers walk up from my back to my shoulder—and my earphones were pulled out.

“If you don’t wake up in two seconds,” it was a hushed whisper. “I’m going to fucking tickle you to death.”

“Calum don’t you dare,” I murmured against the pillow my face was squished on. Aside from Michael, I had a hunch it’d be Calum. He was probably the only one who knew that I was ticklish.

“Don’t test me,” he warned. His tone of voice shifted to sounding like a whining five year old after hearing no response from me for a few seconds. “C’moooooon! I just want a kiss from you before heading to work, that’s all. You can go back to sleep after you do.”

Work?  I rubbed my nose, turning so that I could properly face Calum. Once my eyes slowly fluttered open, they met his along with his bright smile, and I couldn’t help but grin back. He was already in his lifeguard uniform clutching onto his backpack, ready to head out. “Wait—you’re heading to work? I didn’t hear Elvis fish sing this morning.”

He chuckled, sitting up from the bed. “Elvis fish needs a battery change. We need to stop by the market to buy some with a few groceries too. Wait wait wait, and we have Will Jay’s party tonight so we have to get him a present and something nice to wear… And then I still have to…” Calum began to list a few more things to himself, and I only stared, realizing how cute he can get.

“I’ll just get up and go with you to work so that we can directly head to those places after your shift,” I broke his thoughts by talking in order to save time. I slowly sat up and stretched my arms, ruffling Calum’s hair in the process. “Give me like, five minutes to get ready and we can bring the car.”

He lit up in excitement. “Alright, cool,” he hopped off the bed and wore his backpack, frowning from a sudden realization. “Wait—are you doing this so that you wouldn’t have to kiss me?”

“Yes,” I joked with a laugh, shuffling out of the bed as well to leave him behind. He only stood there with a confused look on his face when I turned back, and I kept the smile on my face as I grabbed random clothes from my closet before heading towards the bathroom to take a shower.

Our relationship at the moment has reached its awkward, beginning phase. I’m still unsure on how to act towards him—I didn’t want to push things either. What mattered the most now though, despite everything, was that the confusion has been settled. Last night couldn’t stop replaying over and over inside my head. We were together together.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  

Somehow, I managed to get ready and eat breakfast quickly enough for Calum to get to work on time. I had to kill a few hours on the beach—and since all my friends were busy doing their own thing, I decided to bring out my little brother’s kindle he left behind and read under the sun. He had a few interesting books in his library (mainly ones about dragons and wizards). So, I sat cross-legged on top of my towel, opened the bag of chips I had on my side and began to read the first chapter of some random dragon one.