Ch. 1

[A little bit of NSFW in this chapter. But that would be all you're seeing as this story goes on]

In the land of the deep, lurks many creatures as we know. Even ones we thought to be extinct. This section of the oceans lives two powerful beasts. Coral, a Mosasaur female, swam lazily across the vast blues, looking around for something to eat. A possible shark or maybe if lucky, she'd spot a basilosaurus pod on her way. Just below her, another Mosasaurus, a male named Lagoon this time, swam in the dark depths, his body moved swiftly and gracefully across the sea floor. past rock formations and reefs along his way, emitting low rumbling growls as he moved forward.

It was breeding season and the males and females were looking for possible mates. Coral lifts her head a little bit hearing the deep rumbling, recognizable as another mosasaur, most likely a male tone. she looked around to see if she could find the culprit of the noise. She started emitting her own soft rumbling, wondering if the male would hear her.

Lagoon could hear the female's voice from nearby. his rumbling grew louder eventually turning it into a mating call and his eyes darted around looking for any signs of a possible mate swimming slower now. He looked up and saw her shadow swim past him from above. Coral tilted her head down and sees the dark outline of Lagoon swim slowly through the rocks. She lets out a slightly higher pitched sound, tilting to circle him from above, keeping a keen eye on him.

Lagoon shifted his body to face coral and put all his attention on her. He used his flippers and tail to lift himself up. His bright blue markings were in season and they glowed brightly when the sun hit his scales. Coral slowed down, using her flippers to hold herself in place, giving him some space as he swam up. He approached her with caution, hoping not to scare her away. His rumbling grew louder and his neck flesh trembled as he did.

She groaned in response, not as loud as his but softer. She circled him slowly and curiously. Inspecting him. He stood his ground then lifted his head and body on an angle, positioning himself to show off his markings and opened his mouth and bared his teeth a bit a little as if saying, "I am tough, I can protect you and your young." She tilted her flippers, tilting down a bit and dipping her head as if saying "I see and I have no doubt of your strength." He smoothly moved his tail from side to side and looked at her with his red gleaming eyes, holding a tight and stiff position as in flexing. Her keen green eyes looked him over keenly (quoteoftheyear) and she continues circling him, letting out soft rumbles of approval.

Lagoon then slowly swam close to her and nudged her side gently and she circled around a rubbed against him. He circled her too and kept nudging her every pressure point trying to make her submissive, firmly yet gently. She lets out a low rumble, relaxing her posture and stops moving.

He moved underneath her and poked her nether region with this snout and she let out a high pitched rumble as he did, swishing her tail. He nudged her harder almost pushing her back end up. She turned to her side a bit as she was moved and he straightened her out eventually. He eventually removed himself, getting into position to inseminate her eggs. As he did so she allowed it, letting out a low rumble. He rumbled back at her to keep her from moving away from him in case startled.

After the event he removed himself, swimming around her and up to the surface of the water for a breath of air, casually staying close to her. She quickly shook herself out and swam up to join him for a breather. They both then quickly swam back down into the depths so no possible basilo pods saw them nearby. Considering, Lagoon did hear them earlier and decided to investigate.

As he expected, he heard the moaning cries of a basilo pod nearby. A big meal for two mosas and definitely worth the hunt. He didn't realize how hungry he was until now. He looked back at Coral, wondering if she was hungry as well and she indeed was. He looked back to where the sounds were coming from. and descended deeper into the ocean, hoping to possibly ambush them from below. Coral once again followed, knowing she had to get out of sight. Up ahead he saw the silhouettes of the basilosaurus pod swim off into the distance and he pursued them to get a better view. She trailed after him, giving him the space to do as he wished.

He swam underneath in the shadows, keeping quiet, watching them right above him, spotting the worn out and weakest one and decided that was his target. He looked back at Coral. His eyes telling her that she's going to help him achieve this meal for each other. She swam forward, ready to do what he wanted.

He followed them long enough for the tired basilo to be separated far enough from the pod and lunged forward from the depths underneath it. He opened his jaws wide and clamped down on it's tail preventing it from swimming in case it escaped his grasp. Coral followed, eying the others in case there was something Lagoon wanted her to do. The creature wailed in surprise at the attack and in pain from the bite. Lagoon eventually shook it like a rag doll, his powerful jaws snapping the bones of the long and thin tail of the basilo. Coral swam up and grasped it's neck in her jaws, biting down hard, choking it. The whale used what's left of it's strength to rip what remains of it's tail out of Lagoon's mouth making him lose a tooth  that floated down into the sand below. it swung it's tail around and hit Coral in the side hard enough to make her let go and for it to try and swim away, but it's tail was so injured it was hard to swim comfortably enough. Coral let out a high pitched squeal and the weak beast was sent spinning away trying to tighten herself from the blow.

Seeing the creature try and swim off, he noticed it's bleeding neck and tail stain the waters of the salty ocean. It didn't get far before Lagoon charged it again and went underneath it, biting it's belly, spilling it's guts causing it more pain and for it to bleed out and eventually die. He pushed it up further and quickly, eventually breaking the surface of the water, breaching high, throwing it not too far, they both came back down with a large splash and he went to retrieve it.

Coral floated in a daze, trying to get her bearings, the huge splash startled her and she dove down to the safety of the deeper waters. Lagoon dragged the dead blubber ball in his mouth by it's head and went to look for where Coral swam off to. When he realized she wasn't there he blew bubbles out of his nose as a sigh. She let out a call for him to find her, hoping for a possible answer. He followed her voice and grumbled in response, he dragged the whale to her and let her have the first bite. She swam over to it and bit into it, tearing off a chunk at a time and swallowed it whole. She then swam over to him and nuzzled him appreciatively.

He let out an affectionate growl and went for the liver of the beast and ate it. Coral went for all the good nutritious parts knowing she will need it. He ate a good portion of the soft flesh before feeling full and went to the surface to breathe. He used what was the rest of the sunlight and sunbathed. Coral finished off and swam up to join him, looking out at the horizon as the sun slowly went down. Scavengers ate what was left of the carcass in the depths. Lagoon relaxed and fell asleep as the sun lowered itself down to touch the horizon. Coral glances at him then turns her head and watched the sunset then fell asleep next to Lagoon.

Only a few hours of sleep passed before Lagoon heard the engine of a large ship headed their way. He opened his eyes to see their headlights searching the waters. He tried to nudge Coral awake but she nipped at him, annoyed that her slumber has been disturbed though she didn't see the boat. He opened his jaws that became half filled with water and snapped them down, splashing her with water, waking her up. She sneezed as water gets up her open nostrils. she shook her head then narrowed her eyes at him. Lagoon looked at her then looked at the on coming ship, leading her eyes with his. She turns to look and sees it letting out a startled squeak. He quickly jumped on top of her ducking her underwater and started swimming to the depths. Away from the boat.