Ch. 2

The impact made her blow out a bunch of bubbles, highly decreasing the time she could stay under for. Coral hesitated between freedom then drowning or staying alive to possibly be captured. Lagoon tried swimming far off only to get caught by one of the search lights of the ship before he could reach the darkest depths. The light shone in his eyes and he heard an alarm on the boat go off. The light followed him. Unable to hold her breath, Coral breached the surface taking a gasp of air, making a huge splash.

On the ship, two men were talking, the newbie and the captain. The newbie was named Kenny, he only just started this job and didn't know what to expect besides getting up close and personal with these fascinating creatures. He had blonde hair and glasses on. He was 26 years old and had a small feeble body. He was a nerd. The captain, named Huston, ordered everyone around and was in charge of training Kenny for this job. He was a strong greedy man with tattoos of sharks and anchors going up his arm. He had a pointed beard and looks almost Pirate-like.

"We got a couple of them, captain!" Kenny yelled as he stood next to the man holding the search light.

Huston came over and slapped his shoulder with a chuckle, "Good work, Shark Bait. Bring up the base!!" He called over to the man on the upper control deck.

It turns out that the ship was larger underneath than it was on the surface. It had a large flooring platform that could be lifted or lowered, good for catching Mosas or any other large sea animal. It blocked Coral and Lagoon from going any deeper as it quickly came up to the surface. Lagoon tried to frantically swim away from it but the water was eventually too shallow to move and him and Coral were eventually beached on this man-made structure. Coral let out a panicked cry for she too tried escaping before it hit the surface. The platform had a large barrier that kept them from slipping back into the deep oceans. Water was still flowing in and out, enough for them to stay wet but not enough for them to swim.

Lagoon splashed around whacking huge waves of water around with his tail and head. He snapped his jaws frustrated. Coral let out distressed bellows, flailing uselessly in the shallow water. The crew rushed into their positions, heading down the ladder from the boat deck to the railing of the platform that they were able to stand on without being molested by the animal. They headed out quickly so they can tie them down.

Kenny watched as this all took place, "This is such a dangerous job, why couldn't we go after the Icthyosaurs for my first try? They're obviously friendlier than a couple of mosas..."

Huston got in his face, "The bigger the animal, the more coin we get, and it's breeding season for these fellows. We can make good money if we're lucky. Now watch them closely!"

Coral slashed her tail, growling at the humans who came near her. The headlights shone on them making it easier for the people to see but harder for Lagoon and Coral's eyes to adjust from the once dark night. Lagoon was at least able to see the silhouettes of the two legged creatures run past him on top of the barrier railing and he angrily blew water out of his nose making a mist form in the air for a few seconds like a whale would.

Coral snapped her jaws at a man who got too close to her head but missed as he jumped back quickly. Distracted, she didn't see the others throw a chain under her bottom jaw to that person she snapped at and the guy threw it back over her top jaw, before she realized what was going on, she quickly got her mouth tied shut. She jerked her head around but the people held the chain to the ground she couldn't move her head much. They ended up doing the same to Lagoon. They watched as the people threw chains over their backs and strapping them to hook holders on the platform floor, holding them in place. "HOLD THEM!" someone yelled as they started shifting themselves more as they tried to escape but failed under the power of man.

Coral thrashes around desperately letting out low cries of distress. Huston watched all this with pleasure and Kenny wasn't fond of this torture at all. He started to regret coming here now knowing the truth of that's happening. "What are their genders?" Huston yelled out to the man near by Coral's back flipper.

The man put a hand under Coral's abdomen to check her stats, poking at her nether region. She squirms around but the men held her still with the chains. She growled, offended that his hand was there. He let go, "This one is female, sir. and it appears she's been tampered with. It is a possibility that she could be pregnant!" He called up to Huston. Coral anxiously looked around for Lagoon who was thrashing around aggressively and protectively.

Huston chuckled, "Excellent! If she gives birth to healthy young in captivity her young should cooperate better with man kind. Check the other one!" He signaled the man next to Lagoon to sex him.

The man did the same thing with Him and Lagoon did not take it lightly. He growled deeply and ended up bringing his tail around and whacking the guy off him. The blow was enough to knock him backwards into the waist-high waters getting a mouth full of salt water. Others came to help him up quickly and he started coughing water out from whatever was inhaled. "He's a.. *Cough* ..Male, sir.. *COUGH CoUgH*"

Coral continued to cry out for Lagoon, getting more stressed by the minute. The people quickly took a large towel and covered her and Lagoon's eyes wrapping it around their heads. She calmed slightly but continued to whimper, sides heaving.

Huston smiled, "He's probably the one who got her pregnant..."

Kenny looked confused, "Well then, I'm surprised he stuck around, males usually leave the females after they've impregnated them.." He said

"Let's bring them back to the shores to see how much money they'll give me- I mean, us." Huston's smile became sinister.

Kenny pondered, "They're usually a couple million."

"A couple million won't cut it. They better give me a couple HUNDRED million for the bonus that female is about to give us. Maybe I'll have one of her offspring in my shark tank back at home for decor." He chuckled and went inside to get ready to drive the boat. The men on the platform made sure Lagoon and Coral were held tight before heading back onto the ship.

Coral's nostrils flared as she breathed, she continued to softly call to Lagoon, wanting to be reassured he was still with her. Lagoon cooed back to her as the people left the scene yet some were still nearby watching over them so they don't try any escape plans. Not like they can, they were tied down pretty good. They got pulled closer to the ship and in the middle of the platform so they were positioned nicely. The ship moved forwards making ocean waves splash in Lagoon and Coral's faces as it pressed forward. She was soothed by his calls and she slowly calmed down more, thought she did call every now and then to be sure. Lagoon just kept talking to her telling her that everything will be alright and they shall get out of it somehow.