dix sept

autumn

i awaken, everything from last night instantly flooding my mind. hayes and i kissed. he said he was in love. but not who he is supposed to be in love with, what does that even mean?

i'm not sure if i should accept the fact that hayes, my ex boyfriend, and i made out on a beach in cuba last night or if i should just ignore the fact that it ever happened. probably the first but i'm scared, what if he regrets it? because i sure as hell don't.

beside me i can feel hayes stirring in his sleep. the feeling of him bringing me closer to him as he slowly awakens makes my insides turn to goo. "good morning" he greets, his sleepy voice raspy and attractive as always.

i set my hands on his arm that is wrapped tightly around me. he kisses my temple, my cheeks reacting instantly and heating up. so he clearly isn't going to act like the kiss didn't happen.

"morning" i reply, sending him a warm smile. he begins to close his eyes again, making me smack his arm. "you have to stay awake now or else i'll be lonely" i whine.

he tightens his grip on me, "well then you'll just have to fall back asleep too" he suggests, rubbing my arm. i laugh, rolling over on top of him to keep him occupied until he's out of the 'falling back asleep' time frame.

he bites his lip while i straddle his lower abdomen. "can we talk about.. last night?" he inquires. i worry at my lip, hoping he's not going to say something that'll hurt my feelings. "you know, when we.. kissed"

"yeah, um, was it a mistake? i mean we both have a boyfriend or girlfriend" i only increase the awkwardness with my questioning tone. i hope that with all of my being he doesn't say it was a mistake.

"well that's what i was going to say.. i don't feel like it was a mistake.. and that scares me" he stares into my eyes, searching for an expression to help him read my emotions better. i let out a breath of relief that i didn't even know i was holding in.

"why does that scare you?"

"because like you said. you have g and i have alicia, it would just never work out in the real world.. but right now, we're in a perfect world" his tone makes me want to think that he has something in store but i don't know what.

"are you suggesting we keep this up while we're in cuba and when we go back.. we cut it off? no strings attached?" to be honest this sounds like a perfect plan to me. people say that someone's bound to fall in love with the whole 'friends with benefits' type situation but to be honest, i think i've just been ignoring the fact that i'm already in love.

"yeah, if you want?" i nod, there's nothing i could possibly lose right now. and i get to kiss hayes. there's a win win situation right there.

"perfect" i lean down to peck his cheek, rolling off of him and grabbing my phone from the nightstand on my side of the bed. the hotel offers wifi thank god because i'd die without it for more than a day. i see that g texted me back.

me: call me asap

g: was wrong baby girl?

i tap his contact and press the call button. he picks up almost immediately. that's one of the things i like about him, he's always near his phone and he usually picks up instantly. "hey g" i greet.

"yo. where are you, j and em?" he sighs, i can hear a door opening and closing on his end. "i came to em's house and they're not here and you're not at your house."

"uh, that's the thing. we all kind of went on a last minute trip to cuba" i bite my lip, preparing to be yelled at. hayes instinctively starts massaging my stomach, seeing that i'm stressed.

"who is we?" he growls. well at least he's not mad about cuba.

"me, em, jack... and hayes" i say hesitantly because we kind of already got into an argument about hayes and i being too close for friends. but clearly that hasn't stopped us, because we're only getting closer by the minute.

"you went to cuba with hayes?! and not me? oh so you can go and fuck him without having to worry about me?!" he yells.

"jack! that's not it!" although it kind of is. not that he's a burden but he's just always around. i can't speak to hayes regularly without worrying if g is going to barge through the door any minute. "we came here to escape for a bit. hayes is my friend." i tell him, hoping he'll stop yelling at me.

"yeah, okay. call me back when you're ready to commit to me" and then he hangs up. yo that was actually really uncalled for. i stare at the screen with disgust. i can't believe he hung up on me like that.

"he'll come around, just give him time" hayes comforts me, rubbing my back that's toward him as i face the wall. i sigh.

"how would you know?" i groan, not appreciating the fact that gilinsky is mad at me. and to be fair, he always hangs around em and they're super touchy.

"remember that time you and tori went to the outlets a while away with her boyfriend and cousin? yeah i was jealous out of my mind. but by the time you got home it was all good" he reminds, smiling at the memory. this is why i hate that we're exes. we have too much history.

"yeah." i chuckle, remembering him all worked up over the phone. he was so insecure which i still don't understand because if anything he's way out of my league.

"if you guys are done with your pity party i was thinking we could go look around town" em interrupts us. damn, i forgot they were even here.

"um, yeah. just lemme shower" i clear my throat, standing up from the bed that i've been laying in since late last night.

"i'll come with!" hayes exclaims, throwing himself out of the bed.

"nice try, bud"

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

A/N: ayooo this chapter is absolute trash but oh well

word count: 1088
date: august 6th 2017
time: 11:35 am