2 - how to make a good protagonist or character

Hello universe!

1. STAY IN ORDER

Okay, okay. I'm tired of characters that are not in personality! The protagonist or heroine must not be the center of attention, if you do that then the reader will get confused because your making another character outshine the protagonist or heroine. Simple characters have to be part of the story too, you should balance the amount of attention to the protagonist and character. If your character's personality is a hard one, don't change it's personality, like for example. The heroine is shy, but after a minute she's tough. It's okay if the character is bipolar, just make sure it's in order.

2. BE SURE ABOUT THE DEATHS

Okay, us writers must be sure about a common character's death. You must let the reader react like, "No!! She can't die!" or "She deserved to die." So a story must have emotional deaths, if you can't make a common character die then you have to. If you want to create a good story, there must be drama. You can't just go straight to a character's death, it must have a couple chapters so that the reader will react the way you wanted them to react.

3. SHIPS AND LOVE

You won't probably read this part. Well, characters must be in love so that your reader will probably ship them. Not all ships will sail, sometimes it drowns and we have nothing to repair it with. It is necessary to turn to another ship, because new ships add nice details to the new story. I'm not saying you should make all the characters of your story date anyone. Sometimes ships have to sail for no reason, you can't just make ships out of nowhere. Love must be present not only in 'love at first sight', it must also include love for the heroine's parents. I know, some characters have a disrespectful family so just keep it in character. 👍🏻

4. HOW THEY FIRST MET

In stories, they must have unexpected introductions so that it makes the story better. You can't just make the first chapter how they first met, it must have sense.

5. SPECIAL

So what I want you to think about is the reader. What will the reader think about the characters? You have to make your reader think, 'what's so special about this character?'. You can't just make a character for no reason or specialty, it has to mean something and support the story. Too much characters, can confuse the reader and may think that your story is poorly written. If you want a good character, or make a simple character, you can't just make it and LEAVE it.

Just think, is the reader going to think about this character? You must let the reader hate or love the characters, or they might think the character is just an additive. Imagine, the author is the buyer, your story is a fashion designer, who makes your characters into nice clothes. You can't make your character an accessory or the author will not buy it because the author only has a budget for clothes, not accessories.

But I'm not saying, "focus on the characters, not the story concept." Focus on what the character will support the story concept. Like for example, Hercules, the character, carrying a big dragon of words and chapters.