Weird

The car ride home was a silent one. 

Though Gabriel seemed to have decided against telling Dean's siblings of his outburst, a tension had settled, one so thick it could be cut with a knife.  Sam had attempted to start a conversation early into the drive, but had been quickly shut up with a death glare. 

Dean was the first in the house and first up the stairs, not even bothering to go through the pretence of removing his boots at the door. 

Bobby had let this slide.

"He's been like it since lunch," Sam explained, looking through the fridge for something to eat.  When nothing took his fancy, he closed the door again.

"You know what happened?" Bobby couldn't believe drama had already managed to break out. It was only the second day for fuck's sake.

Sam shook his head, glancing back towards the staircase. 

It was strange seeing Dean like this.  He'd gotten into plenty of fights in previous schools, sure, but he'd never seemed to actually care about those. 

This was different.

"One of you idjits do me a favour and try to talk to him, would yer?"

Sam nodded. "I'll try later."

Elsa glanced up from her strawberry milkshake — one of the only unhealthy things she actually enjoyed, aside from pizza, obviously — "Should I walk down to the shop and get him some more pie?"

"Good idea," Bobby smiled, handing her some money, "In fact, try the café on the next block."

"Alright," she grabbed her phone from her bag as she headed for the door, "See you soon."

~~

Dean sighed as the front door closed.

One less person in the house. One less person to bother him.

He lay on his bed, starting at the ceiling in a steely silence. He'd been debating whether he should message Cas, but had ruled against it, seeing as the other boy had made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with him.

Instead, he pulled out his phone and opened a private conversation with Trickster.

Impala67: Sorry for earlier.

Dean wasn't used to apologising to people outside of his family because usually, when he did something, he really didn't care about the consequences.  To tell the truth, he wasn't even completely sorry for raising his voice at Gabriel either; it seemed that he'd been deliberately rude and unhelpful.

As if he'd wanted to provoke him. 

Dean tried to forget about this and calm himself down as he waited for a reply, should he receive one at all.  Getting angry again would only make things worse. 

A few minutes later, his phone lit up.

Trickster:  Which part?  The part where you tried to go behind my brother's back or the part where you yelled at me?

Yep, it seemed like Gabriel was still pretty pissed.

Impala67:  All of it.

Dean resented this.

Gabriel was still being a dick and, currently, the only thing keeping the Winchester from making a snarky comeback was the hope that Gabriel wouldn't report back to his siblings; starting arguments would hardly look good for this whole 'trying to behave' deal.