Find me through your colors

"We've got a thousand eyes watching us above Your Highness," I whispered as the two of us continued slow dancing. 

"They've precisely all come out to watch us dance," Jackson smiled. 

I smiled back as he prepares me for a spin. He rose his arm up and spun me like a ballerina. 

And I was welcomed with an embrace after. 

"I hope that a day like this could happen again. I hope that by that time, you and I can finally be together," he whispered as he rests his chin on my shoulder. 

"Your Highness, I think that I'll still be a peasant and you will still be a prince in our next life," I chuckled. 

"No, I'll make sure that it won't be like that. I'll find you through our colors. You'll reveal yourself to me." 

"Then remember me, okay?"

"I promise."

Our dance continued as the stars watched us from the skies above. 

We were both destined to be something and that something is not what will bring us together. 

Our destinies are meant to be a distance away from each other. 

My father got ill and soon...died. I was the eldest daughter, and my younger brother is only 5 when they asked for each family to surrender their sons for the war. 

Me and the prince got distant from each other, and as the crowning of the new king approaches, we weren't able to meet anymore.

I instructed my family to hide someplace far away, in case I ever caught.

Because I had enlisted in the army.

For my father and my younger brother. 

And there, before I went to war... I met him again. 

The king. 

But he didn't recognize me. 

For him, I was just a soldier fighting for the kingdom. 

For him, I wasn't the friend that always stood by his side before. 

That was the last time I saw him. 

"Long live the king..." I whispered as I landed hard on the ground. An arrow pierced sharply onto my chest. 

"See you... on that day. Okay?" I whispered as both tears and blood flowed onto the floor right under me. Life was spilling out of me. 

The whole arena turned black, and soon colours started to flash onto the screens near the stage. The intro to True Colors echoed on to the whole stadium. 

A man with his guitar stood at the centre of the stage. 

"Light the stars out with me everyone," Jackson smiled as he continued on to play his guitar. 

The arena then started to glow like the night sky, and one by one the fan's light sticks turned on. 

I snapped mine on, but suddenly the light from my light stick was a different colour from the others. 

"Shit..." I embarrassingly tried to hide my light stick when I realized that I can't turn it off since it was a disposable light stick. 

"There you are," A voice echoed but then it sounded like it was near me. 

I looked up and found Jackson standing on the part of the stage that was near the mosh pit where I was in.

Why do I feel like I've met him a long time ago?