Chapter One

"Babe, did you wash your hair or something?" Hunter called from the bathroom, with a muffled voice.

"Yeah, why!?" I asked, looking up from my magazine and to the doorframe of the bathroom.

He appeared in the doorway with a toothbrush in his mouth and his shirtless chest. It was a bonus that he also happened to be in his underwear. My eyes gazed his face and down the rest of his body, admiring his masculine physique. I was so busy checking him out that I almost missed his annoyed facial expression. He held up his pointer finger and returned into the bathroom. I heard him spit the toothpaste out and clink his toothbrush against the sink. Then, he appeared in the doorway again.

"Because I was in the shower and your hair was everywhere. The water was going down the drown kind of slow. You need to start cleaning up your hair. Babe, hair does not go down the drain, it goes in the trash." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sorry." I face palmed myself. "I was gonna pick it up, but I was moisturizing my hair and I forgot."

"It's okay." He chuckled.

"And you cain't talk!" I accusingly pointed at him. "It's just like when you don't put the toilet seat down."

"Okay, but that's different." He laughed. "You can easily just let it down yourself."

"No, it's gross." I narrowed my eyes at him.

He waved me off, as he walked over to the bed and got comfortable on his side.

"Can I turn the light off?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No, I'm reading." I shook my head.

"Babe, come on, it's like eleven at night—almost twelve in the morning." He whined. "I just wanna go to sleep and cuddle with you."

He was still the same Hunter I fell in love with in high school. He loved to be affectionate, and he loved to receive affection. He was also still an emotional guy, but he didn't cry as much. I didn't mind it when he cried, though. Of course, I would be upset because he was upset, but I liked it how my man could cry in front of me because he trusted me. If that made any sense at all. He wasn't afraid to show his vulnerability around me.

I ignored his pleas and continued reading the magazine.

"Hey, babe?" He said after he realized I wasn't going to let him turn off the light.

"What, Hunter?" I huffed, turning my head to face him.

"Remember that one time we were at my house in the basement and you were checking my crotch out." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh my gosh!" I shrieked. "I was not checking it out! And why are you even thinking about that?"

"You were." He held up his chin and smirked. "But I was thinking about how you know what size it is now."

"Hunter, what the hell?" I furrowed my eyebrows and laughed. "You so random."

"I'm also so hor—" He started to say, but was interrupted by crying on the baby monitor.

"It's yo turn." I stated.

"What? No, it's not." He shook his head.