You Can Do This

"Kathrine! It's time to get up." Lin yelled busting into my room. "No, go away!" I look over at the clock, it reads 5:46 AM. I groan pulling the covers over my head. Lin rolled his eyes and walked over to my bed pulling at the sheets. We had a tug of war over the comforter for a few seconds before Lin won. The comforter flew off of me letting cold air embrace my body. "Get up." Lin said holding the comforter in his hands. I rolled over to face the wall, curling into a ball slamming my pillow over my head. "I'm not going. It's too early for this!" Lin just stood and looked at me for a moment before picking up the pillow that was on my head, throwing it at me. "You literally have one day! Get moving, I made breakfast so once you're dressed or ready to eat come on out. However, If you don't get up in the next five minutes then I will not hesitate to pull you out of bed." Lin threw my comforter across the room and left. I laid in bed for a little while longer before I heard someone walk into my room, before I knew it Sebastian was climbing all over me and jumping on my bed. "Get her, Sebastian!" Lin laughed standing in the doorway. Sebastian giggled and screamed. "Ugh! Alright, I'm up!" I yell. I couldn't stay mad for long with Sebastian smiling. I scooted off my bed and chased Sebastian back into the kitchen. I love this kid.

When I got into the kitchen a bowl of cinnamon brown sugar oatmeal awaited me. It reminded me a lot of my young childhood. I practically lived off of this stuff. "You ready for today?" Lin spoke up looking at me from across the table. "I was slightly excited to go back, but now I'm kinda feeling nauseous." I put my spoon down and looked at the bowl in front of me. I'm really nervous to go back, what if Ryan and his friends try to attack me or whatever you want to call it, again. "Hey, is everything alright? Why are you skeptical about going back to school, just don't beat up anymore kids." Lin maintained eye contact with me. I can't do this. "We'll see. I mean, everything is fine, it's just nerves like you would have on the first day of school." That's a lie. I could practically throw up my insides, I was so nervous and scared. I don't know what to do. "Well okay, go get ready and we'll head to the subway station." He didn't sound like he believed me either. I quickly got up from the table leaving the oatmeal. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed. As I got dressed I looked at myself in the mirror studying the bruises on me starting to fade as well as the surgical scar on my stomach, I kinda forgot it was there, it's so ugly. Ugh. It doesn't hurt as much as it did the first day, but it's still there and it makes me look absolutely disgusting.

I couldn't bare looking at it longer so I pulled my shirt over my stomach and continued to get ready. "C'mon Kathrine!" Lin's voice echoed from the kitchen. I took one last look in the mirror to make sure I didn't have a free pass to sexual assault me hanging on anywhere. I left turning off the lights in the bathroom before I went to gather my school materials. When I walked in the kitchen Lin leaned up against the counter practically falling asleep in the palms of his hand. I felt bad that he had to take me to school. After all I am a high schooler, just give me more things to get bullied for...wonderful.

"You ready?" Lin picked up his head and stood up straight. "Uh yeah, you know..you don't have to walk me to school like a lil kid." I say fidgeting with my backpack. "Why wouldn't I? Do you know how to read a subway map now? Once you get it down then I'll stop chaperoning you." Hes got me there, I know nothing about public transportation, I always walked or ran everywhere.

We left the apartment and headed for the subway. When we arrived the station was actually busy, I don't know what I was expecting. Lin reviewed how the trains and subways worked. The train cars came in view screeching over the tracks to come to a stop. The doors flew open and everyone on the platform flooded into the cars. I took a seat next to Lin and I stayed close to him and Sebastian, who sat on his lap. I could feel eyes on me, I didn't like it.

The ride was a lot shorter than I anticipated. We walked together to the school, I felt completely embarrassed. When we approached the school and it was in clear view I tried to steer away from Lin, after all he wants me to be "a secret a little longer" so why be near me out in the open? "This is you. Have a great day, Kathrine. Say goodbye! I'll meet you right here after school, okay?" Lin says looking at Sebastian, he waves. That's cute. "Okay, bye." I wave walking towards the gates of hell. I could feel the heat and I wasn't even inside yet. Just breathe. Walk. You can do this, it's only one day then the weekend. Go.
----------------------------------
I thought I'd cram a chapter out, this chapter is boring and short-ish..not really?...oh well.
I had my birthday on Monday. That was good, I guess. It was kinda sad though, I spent it alone-ish. I mean my parents both work and both of my older brothers are in the military so they're not home. I hate having people over at my house because I feel like they're judging me and my house also I don't like people touching my crap. Guys, I have a problem. Anyway, one year older...what up. -LinsDeadPonytail