Chapter 5: Rules

8:30am
After I finished unpacking and putting my clothes in a small closet near my bed, I sat down on the bunk I was going to sleep in and I started responding back to my text messages.

Mom: Hi Honey!!!! How's the school like? Did you meet any one yet??

-Hi mom! The school is HUGE! Horses everywhere! And yes! I'm staying in a dorm with three girls! I've met two of them so far, the other one..isn't really a talker..

Taylor: Heyyy how's the horse school? We miss you at school already :( Today in science we are making volcanoes!!

-Hi!! I miss you all too!!!! The school is great! It's huge!! Definitely runs different than a regular school. That's cool! Wish I was there to help you guys :/

Katie (show team): Hi girl! Meagan told me you are joining the School of Equestrians! Congrats! I want to go there so bad! We are going to miss having you around at the barn :( Let me know if you make it on their show team!!

-Hi! Yes! Thank you! I miss you all so much! You guys are like family to me  :(
I will! Ttyl!

After I finished texting every one I put my phone in my bag.

"So? When does breakfast start?" I ask getting up.

"At nine exactly!" Belle said looking at the clock.

"You're going to love breakfast!! It's one of my favorite parts! THERES A BUFFET!!" Mia said jumping up and down.

Dang. A buffet?! This school is really high class. I thought breakfast would be like at school, a crumby old lunch room with three meals to pick from. Guess not.  Just then a Knock was heard by the door.

"I'll get it!" Mia said running to the door. When she opened it, Tori was standing there.

"Hi girls! How's are newest member doing?" She said walking in.

"Great! So happy to be here!" I said happily.

"Awesome! Did you girls tell her any of the rules yet?" Belle and Mia looked at each other.

"Oops, we kind of forgot.." Belle said.

"It's fine! I just finished setting up the diner hall for breakfast. It starts soon, so you girls should start heading down now! And Lily, can you come with me please?" I nodded and followed her out the door.

"I'll bring Lily to the hall shortly! So save her a seat!" Tori said to the girls.

"Will do!" Belle said walking out of the room with Mia.

"Brooke are you coming?" Belle called.

"I'll be down soon..." Brooke yelled from the room. She's definitely got an attitude...

"So, Lily. I'm going to go over the rules with you and ask you some questions and give you your class list. Is that fine?" Tori said bringing me into her office.

"Yeah of course," I said sitting down in front of her desk.

"Great!" She then started naming the rules:
1) No cell phones are allowed any where on campus except in the dorm
2) Do not be late to your classes
3) Do not judge other riders for some are beginners and are still learning
4)When you get assigned a horse, it's your job to take care of that horse
5)Always clean up after you ride
6)Make sure all the paddocks and doors are locked in the barn after you're done
7)You must be wearing a helmet at all times when riding, even when riding western
8)Bedtime is at 10pm and the school day starts at 9am with breakfast
9)No smoking or drinking is allowed on campus
10)Do not fight over horses, because chances are more than one person is assigned to take care and ride the same horse
11)No swearing on campus or bullying
12)Do not litter
13)Fail to follow these rules, will result in one of the following: Kicked off the show team, banned from riding for a week, you are no longer aloud to ride the horse you're assigned to or you will get expelled from the school.

"Is that clear?" She said looking up from the rule book.

"Yes," I nodded my head.

"Great! Now onto questions! You said you were on a show team, what did you compete in?"

"I rode Hunt Seat and did ''18 crossrails," I said remembering all of the memories I made with my team.

"What's the highest you've jumped?"

"Exactly 2 feet. I'm not a fan of  jumping though, it's fun, but I love western a lot more,"

"Okay, what is you're favorite western discipline?"

"Barrel racing!" I've always enjoyed watching barrels. It seemed so fun and amazing.

"Wonderful! Were you thinking about trying out for the show team?"

"Well, I don't know. I would like to but again I prefer western,"

"Well, you can still be on the team, and then ride western for your riding courses!"

"Really? I'm not much of a jumper though..."

"It's fine! Our show team competes in Hunter shows across the state! We have riders who compete in '18, 2ft and 2'6!" Bring on the team did sound pretty cool.

"The team practices after school ends, which is 4:00," Tori added.

"Hmm okay, I'll think about it!"

"Okay! Try outs start next month! Moving on, lets go over your courses now,"

"Okay,"

"Since you like western, do you want to take all western courses? Or do a mix of both styles?" This was tough. As much as I loved and adored western, I would miss the excitement of English.

"Hmm..."

After a long 10 minutes, I figured out my courses:

A block- History and English
B block- Basics of Western
C block- Math and Reading
D block- Beginner hunter jumper
-Lunch Break/Check on your horse-
E block- Science and Anatomy of Horses
F block-Beginner Barrels
G block- Equitation Lessons on the flat

I feel pretty happy with my list. I kinda wish they didn't need to add normal school subjects, because I just want to ride all day..but education is still important...

"After Breakfast, A block starts. Instead of going to your class though, I'll be bringing you to the barn to meet your horse! After what you've told me, I think I know which horse you'll love the best!" Tori said standing up.

"Yay!! Thank you!" I said also getting up.

"Breakfast ends soon, so I'll bring you back to the hall so you can eat and find Belle and Mia," Tori opened her door. I followed her out.

I still cant believe I'm finally here!

---------------------------------------------
Yay!! I finally updated!!😂 Im so sorry!! I just didn't feel motivated to write a chapter like this again...

Hope you all enjoy tho!

Omg this page has 1,124 words😂👍🏻