WHAT'S THE SECRET

Khushi reached her home where her mother was already standing with aarti thaal in her hands and tears in her eyes.. Khushi smiled at her mom and paying the cab driver reached the door.. By the time.. Her father and brother Akash too reached there..

Her mother circled the aarti thaal at her and then hugged her tightly shedding all her tears which she was holding last three years..

Akash -Mom.. You are literally choking our princess..

Garima glared him..

Akash -Mom atleast let her in..

Shashi -Exactly Garima.. Till how long you intend to keep her standing at the doorstep?

Khushi entered inside and hugged her father and brother..

Khushi smiled.. Aww.. How much she missed them.. Their regular
Banters..Their teasing sessions.. Everything but she had to move actually literally run away leaving all these.. Just because of her granny and ya.. How can she forget the other person due to which she had to move away from her family.. But enough of all these..Now.. No granny or that pathetic person whom she once considered her everything.. She has requested her boss that she would now continue her job from Lucknow Radio Station to which the kind man happily agreed.. So here she is now permanently to live with her family..

She was brought back by her thoughts by the doorbell ring.. Khushi looked amused as her family was giving a teasing smile to her and even asked her to open the gate..

Sighing she went to open the gate and welcome the person but as soon as she opened the door she found herself being lifted and twirled by the person..

She gasped by the sudden happenings and looked down amused to the person who was carrying her and then  shouted in happiness..

Khushi-Amy.. Oh.. My God..
Is that really you?

Aman (I know you all are surprised.. Credit goes to me.. 😜😛) -Yes my jalebi.. It's actually me..
You could forget me but how can I?

Khushi-Shut up.. I can never forget you and now can you please put me down?

Aman nodded and then put her down.. They hugged each other tightly and her granny who just came out from the temple of the house witnessed this scene and literally got saved herself from a heart stroke..

Granny -What the hell is this?
You are not kids anymore but grown up..
Show some shame.. And what the hell are you wearing Khushi.. Don't you have any concern for your father's prestige?

Shashi-Stop it Maa

Khushi-Relax Dad.. She then went to her dadi and touched her feet.. Then continued.. Dadi.. Why are you being hyper? And how my clothes are related to dad's prestige? Its irrelevant and regarding Aman.. M sorry dadi but he is my best friend.. We know each other since we were 4..
How hugging a friend of yours whom you met after so many years is an act of being shameless?

Our thinking were way apart then and even now.. But I do respect you.. I haven't forget my culture and have done anything in these three years which could hamper our family's prestige in the society..

I would be grateful if you stop being so orthodoxed

Dadi fumed hearing this and left from there

Shashi came towards Khushi and gently patted her head..

Shashi -Go princess.. Have some rest..after that we have to visit Sheesh  Mahal..

Khushi(shocked while Akash and Aman were looking at her being concerned)-Sheesh Mahal.. But why?

Shashi-Don't you know.. It's coronation ceremony of Yuvraj Arnav today?
Finally he would be declared as king today.. We all have really high hopes.. He is indeed the most efficient

Hearing this Khushi's face lost it colour.. And Akash and Aman noticed it as well..

Khushi-But i don't want to go dad

Shashi-Why princess?  Even  Rajmata was asking about you and your friend  Princess Payal and Rajmata are eagerly waiting for you since the time they came to know about your arrival.. We should not disappoint them.. So for now go have some rest and then we would go there.. You should be with your childhood friend on his special day..

Saying this.. Shashi left for some work along with Akash related to today's function while Garima left to kitchen..

And there stood Khushi lost in her thoughts with a pale face and unshed tears..

Aman sighed and put his hand on her shoulder.. khushi looked at him and he gave her an assuring smile.. But Khushi couldn't stop herself and said..

Khushi -So.. He finally came back to get his throne and title of King.. Good..it was always this.. Which he desired and finally he is successful

Aman-Khushi..If you don't want to face him.. Then you need not to go

Khushi-No Aman.. If he is not affected by what happened 8 years ago.. Then why would I?
He means nothing to me and doesn't affect me in any way

Aman-Khushi..You know na What happened years ago was not only his fault but yours also and to an extent.. Even Payal, Akash and mine also

Khushi-I know Amy.. M not saying it was his fault but like him I didn't back off.. It was him who did that..For him the title and the throne are everything and he knew that what we did would bring his dream at stake or even a dead end but it wasn't forceful.. It was mutual but then after that he backed off like a spineless creature and now he is no one to me..

Aman-Khushi..

Khushi-Relax Amy.. Forget it.. We are going

Aman-You sure..Right? (He asked worried)

Khushi(with a confident smile) -Like always

Aman-Great.. See you then

With that Aman left and Khushi went to her room.. Closing the door she slumped down on the floor letting the tears flow.. The tears of angst and agony which she is shedding hiding from everyone for the last 3 years..
Eight years.. It has been 8 years since that incident.. You moved on as if nothing happened and here I am still stuck to the past.. Nothing changed I loved you then.. I love you now but you don't deserve it.. So it's better to be strangers.. You are nothing to me.. We.. We have no relation..everything was just a mirage from which you brought me back 8 years ago and now we have nothing to continue.. Just Nothing.................

Really.. Is it nothing? Or something way beyond words?

By now you all would have guessed who the other person is but what is their past? Why Khushi who shows herself as a fighter is in real..broken? What mistake they along with Payal.. Akash and Aman committed?
Why now this indifference?
What is the secret?

Want to know?
Be with me in this journey..
Do vote and comment if you like the story..

Silent Readers atleast you can vote.. Right?

Pretty please vote if not comment okk..

To be continued.....