- when it was spring -

- ✿ -

- ✿ -

JINAH REMEMBERED FEELING RELIEVED. Her hands were still shaking like a leaf, but slowly yet surely, feeling was beginning to return to her numb fingers. With a shiver, Jinah shoved a frozen hand into her coat pocket in search of that hand warmer she'd tucked in earlier that day, only to brush against the sliver of scrap paper that lay crumpled beneath it. And suddenly her hands were back to trembling.

There's been an accident. Jinah didn't remember much, but those chilling words had been branded in her mind the second the nurse had spoken them over the phone. Chwe Hansol has been in a terrible car accident and he was in surgery and she had to come down right away.

By then, the shock had seeped in and Jinah maybe had twenty more seconds, just enough time to scrawl the name of the hospital onto a notepad and tear the page away, before the nurse had to hang up and she was left with nothing more than a name and an address. Squeezing the heat pack one last time for a touch of warmth, Jinah's fingers pulled back with the paper in hand and the hospital's name echoing in her mind like a mantra: Myungsei University Medical Center.

Seven more stops, she thought to herself as she checked the map next to the door. Seven more stops and then what? With a sigh, she folded the paper in half and slipped it back into her pocket. Hansol wasn't dead, but he wasn't okay either, so he must've been hovering over somewhere in between. Otherwise, why would the nurse hesitate when Jinah asked if he was okay? And why was it that he still had her listed as his emergency contact after all these months of practically ignoring her existence?

Chwe Hansol, the boy who she had loved with every fiber of her being, the boy who had still broken her heart regardless, the boy who she hadn't heard from in over a year and who was now lying on an operation table had listed her as his emergency contact.

Yoon Jinah wasn't sure why she was so relieved.

- ✿ -

Author's Note:
Get ready for angst🥺🤧
(And yes I changed this from a wanna one fic to a seventeen fic because I love these boys so much and Hansol may or may not be my bias now)