~1~

~ Kris' POV ~

"...our love is untouchable."

I took a deep breath as the familiar roar of the crowd hummed through my brain. It was already my third concert this week alone and the monotonous tones of tour were becoming part of my daily routine, I guess it was just the way my life was meant to be.

I waved to the crowd, plastering a smile on my face as the cameras captured the scene. I've never really believed in photographs. Okay, it's not that I don't think they exist, I just believe in living in the moment rather than allowing a series of pixels on a digital screen dictate my past. But even living in the moment is beginning to tire me, bore me - everything seems out of line, as if I'm living my life in the wrong order. I need a change.

As I stepped off the stage, the usual people came rushing to make sure I was okay, unclipping my microphone, the normal stuff. Sometimes I wish I could just be normal 17 year old, without everyone fussing over me - but then people call me ungrateful and selfish. That's what they say. The voices, the hate. Their words repeat in my head unknowingly, always in the back of my mind. Will I ever make everyone happy?

Somewhere behind me I could hear someone calling my name:

"Kris! We're over here!"

I immediately recognised the voice, it was Ira. Ira has been a close friend of mine for around three years, although it feels like much longer. We share everything together, the fun times, the crazy times, the calm times; but perhaps most importantly, the bad times. She's always the first one there when I'm feeling down, I don't know what I would do without her.

I ran over to her, she was standing outside my stage door. Beside her was Misha, a more recent friend of mine although nonetheless a good support on tour.

"Hey guys, how was my performance?" I asked hesitantly, not being the most confident person at times.

"It was amazing as always, Kris" Ira began, "we just have one more show tomorrow night and then it'll be nice to get a short break before we head to Stockholm and-"

"How are you feeling?" Misha interrupted, shifting the topic of conversation back to me. He had a look in his eyes as if he could read what I was thinking but I was determined to remain positive.

"I'm feeling great, I messed up here and there but it sounds like the crowd didn't mind." I laughed quietly as the sound of the people still echoed from behind the stage curtain.

It was a lie, it really was. Although, to be honest I don't actually know how I'm feeling at the moment. I have every reason to be happy in this crazy world but the puzzle pieces of my life just aren't fitting together, maybe they never will.

"It's getting late," said Ira with a yawn, indicating the time, "I should really head back to the hotel."

I checked my watch: 23:43. She was right, it was getting late but to me this was a normal time. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 2 after a concert.

"Yeah, that's fine." I replied "Misha, will you come back to the dressing room with me there's some things I need to get?"

"Sorry Kris," he said, "I just need to grab my stuff but I can meet you outside in 5 minutes?"

I nodded, signalling my agreement as I headed for my dressing room. But on my way there, something was different. Leaning up against my door was a girl. She appeared to be around the same age as me, maybe slightly older - it was difficult to tell due to her wearing a hooded jacket that covered half of her face. Who is she?