~5~

~Kris' POV~

"A 'good morning' would be nice!" Daniel laughed as I walked towards him. I didn't realise that I hadn't seen him all day, I guess greeting him with a request wasn't the best thing to do. He was slouching on the couch to my left, turning to lean on his arm as he faced me.

Daniel has always been a good older brother. Yes, as any normal brother, he can be a little irritating at times, but he's always been there for me when I need it. That's why I trusted him to help me, maybe he'll be more supportive than Ira was. Although, I expected Ira to react completely differently, so who knows how Dani would feel, but there's only one way to find out.

"Haha, good morning Dani," I cheerfully smiled, "and to you Maria."

"Being nice to me won't make me want to do you a favour, you do know that?" He smirked at me knowingly.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes."I just need you to do one thing." I pleaded, this was so important to me so it was vital I had Dani's support.

"Ok, what is it?"

"You have the guest list from last night, don't you?"

"From the concert? Yeah, I should have it somewhere, why?"

"And it will have all the names of people who were backstage, right?"

"Yeah, why?" He questioned me, sounding uncertain of my motives.

"Uh, I need to find the name of someone."

"Yeah, whatever, it's in our room we can get it later if-"

"No!" I interrupted rather abruptly. "Sorry, but I need it now." I continued as I noticed a shocked expression on his face.

"Ok, sure, we still have 5 minutes before the others get here."

He led me up to his room on the third floor of the hotel, it was slightly bigger than mine but the furnishings were of the same design and the layout was much the same, also. Dani rummaged through a backpack that had been laying on the floor beside the night stand. Eventually, he pulled out a folder of documents, one that he took with him anytime I was on tour. It had all the contacts we needed and any details for venues and concerts. He flicked through the pages until he found one listed 'London guest list'. That was it. That's what I need. I forcefully took the folder from his hands and removed the page I need as Dani scowled at me but I didn't care. I folded up the paper on our way out and placed it neatly in my trouser pocket, I had no time to look at it before we headed out but I would open it later for sure.

I turned to face the door but before I could leave, as I was reaching for the door handle, Daniel asked the question I was dreading:

"Who is it you need to find the name of?"

"It's nobody." I shook my head as I proceeded to leave the room.

"Kris, don't tell me you met a girl." This caught my attention. I turned around to face him, he looked as smug as ever, arms folded.

"How did you know?" I acted shocked but he's my brother, he can read me better than anybody else, I should have expected him to find out even without me telling him.

"It's quite obvious Kris, I'm you're older brother after all." He said, confirming my suspicions. "Is this why you left the breakfast hall so suddenly?"

"You saw?" I faced the floor in shame, remembering what had happened.

"Yeah." He said. "Is everything alright between you and Ira?"

"Everything's fine." I lied.

I left the room, this time without letting Daniel stop me. There was no point in lying to him, I didn't even try to sound convincing because the truth was too real, too strong. I headed back down to the lobby, we were a little over the agreed time to meet but it didn't matter. Daniel was trailing behind me, thankfully not beside me as I wasn't in the mood to talk. As we reached the lobby I saw everyone waiting, Misha, Maria, but no Ira. I was really hoping she was just late but after 10 minutes of waiting and several unanswered text messages it was obvious she wasn't coming.

"Looks like she's not coming after all." Misha stated the obvious, directed at me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I sighed.

"Ira was talking to me after you left this morning, I think it's clear why she isn't here." He raised his eyebrows in a joking manner.

He wasn't taking this seriously at all, maybe he didn't realise the severity of the situation. For the entire time that I've known Ira, we've never properly argued, not like this anyway, it's just not normal.

When we left the hotel all I could think about was getting back. We were strolling through the city of my dreams but I couldn't take any of it in because my mind was too concentrated on Ira. I couldn't believe that she was really so upset with me that she didn't even come out today. We chilled by the river, the light glistening on the surface. Everything around me felt strangely calm considering the chaotic nature of the city. To my right I saw a man in suit running, most likely late to work. To my left I could see a girl rushing through the streets with flowers in her arms, I think they were roses, or maybe peonies, I couldn't be sure. My concentration was cut off by the buzz of my phone in my pocket, it reminded me that I should probably be taking photos for Instagram, especially now that my following had grown after Eurovision. First I checked what the notification was, it was a text from a number I didn't recognise:

Unknown number: Kris.

It didn't look important so I disregarded it for the time being, I could reply when we returned to the hotel. For now, I had other things to worry about.

A/N

From now on I'll really try to post more often but just bear with me for the time being!!

Please tell me what you think so far, I love reading your comments!

TextingKris xx