8

They were married in the spring of Madilyn's 25th year - seven years after Jack returned home, and five years after they began dating.

It was a peculiar venue, different from the traditional wedding.

Madilyn was dressed in an elegant black gown, her hair had finally grown out and was pinned up with a crystal barrette. She had a long, lace train and a sheer veil hung in front of her face. She was the most beautiful bride for miles and miles from that little city in Michigan.

Her friends Karma and Katelyn were there, of course, as brides maids - each dressed in a dark purple gown. Katelyn's royal blue hair was braided, contrasting against the dress perfectly. Karma's curly blonde hair was pulled in a half up half down style, and she may have smiled the brightest out of any of them.

Jack wore a traditional suit, however his shirt was a black instead of white upon the request of his beautiful bride. His blonde hair was gelled, and he would not stop smiling.

When it was time for the bride to walk down the aisle, Karma walked over to the piano. Madilyn had requested her to play pachabel's canon in D, and of course, she had obliged. As the piece began, and everyone stood, waiting for the bride to enter.

They appeared around the corner, Madilyn and her father, and began walking slowly down the aisle. She was the picture of elegance, grace and beauty. I was there, that day, my friends, I was a guest, you see. And as Madilyn walked towards Jack, I glanced at him for only a moment to see that he had tears in his eyes as he smiled. I don't doubt this at all when i say that in that moment, he was the happiest man alive.