{Prologue}

Once upon a time there was a girl who knew nothing of 'happily ever afters' no matter how many stories were read. She was one who lived a life of misery and sunk farther and farther into a dark hole with no escape. That girl... is me. Sixteen year old Ravyn Black, also known as 'Freak, Trash, or my personal favorite, Bloody Ray-Ray.' The names are endless. They never let up, ever.

I had no friends, or at least, the only one I ever had was long gone, I was hated by my family and was feared by those who weren't disgusted by me. Honestly, I used to always wonder what it was. I was always so upset and didn't ever want to leave my room. My life was an awful thing to ever be and I guess I'd have to say it all starts from the day I was born.

My mother was cruel and my father.... Anyways, I was an outcast inside and out of my home. It even got to the point where I was forced to live on my own. So, there I was. In my new house, left to fend for myself, not like it's anything new though.

So, let's start the long story here. Because of the way I was always treated I became somewhat of a problem child. Nothing super 'oh my god' serious, just the norm, skipping classes, skipping school, talking back... setting a kid's hair on fire, ya know; nothing special.

I dunno if I said this already, but I never had any idea why I was always looked so far down upon. Perhaps it was my knee lengthed jet black hair that I was never allowed to cut myself or my dark eyes that change color...occasionally. Whatever it was, everyone hated me because of it, though I'd gotten over other's thoughts a long time ago.

I dressed in my usual black skinny jeans, a black and red plaid shirt and my black combat boots, with my grey hoodie tied around my waist. I grabbed my black bag with spikes on it and went to hell.

It seemed to be a typical day of people going to great lengths to avoid me. I walked the morning halls and ended up crossing paths with a pair. "Good morning Ravyn" The guy with golden brown hair and cognac brown eyes, Kaname Shikarage. I didn't say a thing. Just passed him.

I'll tell ya, my luck is the absolute worst. The one person, around my age, who calls me by my name and he's a total FRAUD! He's my complete opposite. An outgoing, cool, loved person with no flaws. Oh, except for the FRAUD PART!!! He's a total dingwad when no one else is around. Seriously. He's always being praised for being the only person not afraid to talk to or face the 'freak'. Although, the thing about that is that he was just like everyone else until about a week or so ago. Never bothered to say a word to me.

Although...there was the incident a week or so ago that caused him to have a sudden change of heart. Here's what happened.

School was let out and I had accidentally forgotten my bag in the classroom, thankfully my important stuff were in my pockets but, anyways, I got my bag, put it on my shoulder and was heading back out when I passed an old classroom that was rarely ever used, plus very few had keys to the room. So, I was passing by when I heard noises. It was somewhat of a laugh coming from inside and I turned to the door.

I placed my hand on the handle and took in a breath, preparing myself for what I'd be walking into but when I threw open the door, the view was something of which I had really not expected. It was the honor student/student council president who's supposed to have the squeakiest and cleanest record ever...how do I say this...um, oh. Fondling one of our classmates, whose face I can't currently remember, in her...ahem, chest area. The two of them looked at me with shocked, widened eyes and I gave an unintentional smirk when I though of something I'd read a while back "oh, please, do carry on. I'll just be on my way then." With that, I walked back to the place I live.

The next day, I was wandering the halls during lunch when he called out to me. "Hey, Ravyn." I looked around and blinked twice before pointing to myself with a confused expression. "Yeah. I have a favor to ask you." He told me when I went over to the classroom window he was talking through. My only thought was 'wow, first time I'm acknowledged and it's for a favor. How nice'. "Would you mind staying a little late? I need to have a word with you." He's told me and everyone within earshot gasped before swarming him I walked away.

Now onto the fraud part. I had been packing my bag up after afternoon homeroom when Kaname approached my desk. I didn't have a clue, nor did I want to, about what this was about or why I was suddenly involved. It was well after everyone else left and I was getting tired, both physically and of this irritating silence. We were both in the back of the class and while he was quietly sitting on a desk, staring at the ground, I was leaning against the back wall, impatiently tapping my foot and repeatedly looking at my watch. "Look, if you've just called me here not to say anything I'm leaving." I started to leave when my wrist was suddenly grabbed and I was thrown back against the spot I was leaning on "what. The. Crunk?!"

"Alright, now, here's what's gonna happen." As he spoke, a bunch of flurries suddenly appeared around me and his eyes went from a cognac brown to an icy blue. "You're gonna forget what you saw the other night and will go back to your normal loser life." He had a wicked smirk plastered all along his face and I could feel my eye twitch.

What the hell?!?!?!