Chapter Two ||Passive Aggresive||

"Show me you'll be with me forever,"

------------------

I'm not a lucky person.

Well, I kinda am, but I only have a small, small luck streak. One that keeps me from dying thanks to all the accidents I get into. I guess if you were to think about it, wouldn't that mean I have a long, but thin streak of bad luck?

This is what I thought of as I looked at the pictures of the academy I was supposed to be going to. I wasn't lucky enough to be going to a place like this.

It resembled a mixture of a medieval castle and a basic high school somewhat. From the pictures I saw, I could tell that it was huge. Four tall towers stood on the outskirts of the campus, and inwards, at the very center, was a castle-like structure, which I assumed was the main building.

Scattered throughout the grounds, there were two-story, small brick buildings, and as I scanned through pictures, I saw that they were marked by grade and subject such as 'Freshman Science,' or 'Sophomore Chemistry,' some were marked with letters along with name and grade, such as AP and other letters I couldn't be bothered with remembering at this time. I believe you get the gist.

It was then that I sat back and took a moment to let this all sink in. The more that I did, the more alarm bells rang. I tried to shake them off, tell myself that this was a good thing. Soon, I was basically an awe-stricken person sitting in my chair.

None of this was making sense. But then again, wasn't I the type of person who thrived off of not making sense?

I checked the time, waiting for it to be 2:40 my time, which was around the time Sarette usually got home. I stepped away from my computer, my hand resting on my chin as i thought, my lips pressed together.

My thoughts were running wild, and scenarios were going through my head at a million miles per minute. Each one even more ridiculous than the last. I find myself leaning against the wall of my room behind the door of my room, my fingers repeatedly tapping against different parts of my body. My chest started to feel constricted, and after a point, the amount of air I automatically took in was only enough to stop me from blacking out.

This made no sense. Why me? Why a scholarship? What's going on here?

The more I thought about it, the fewer things added up, and even here at this point in time, I can't say that I even remember the hellish thoughts going through my head. But I do remember what they meant. Trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, I was sitting on my bed, helping my mother fold up my clothes and place them in one of two large suitcases that were sitting on my bed. She was rambling on about something one of her friends had done, and as usual, I nodded and acknowledged her words every now and then to make her think that I was actually listening, that I actually cared. But in reality, I was trying to slip in questions about this whole situations, but every time I did, she seemed to automatically shut me down, even before the words had left my lips.

I eventually grew frustrated, but I knew that it would be better for me to hold my tongue. Yeah, my mother could be a bitch, but she was all I had, and I was all she had.

That being said, I'm genuinely surprised that she's so willingly going along with... whatever this was. I'm 15, and yet, ever since I've become home-schooled, I have never left the house without being at her side. It's been that way for at least five years now, after some bullying incidents in the schools here. So, why was she so willing to send me to God knows where?