Chapter 2

During lunch Skylar had called Kai and told him that we would be wiling to break into the house for him. He told her to have us meet him at his house after we got out of school. Skylar and I got into her car and drove over to Kai's house. The drive was filled with comfortable silence with the radio playing music that we weren't exactly paying any attention to. It doesn't take too long to arrive at Kai's house. When we pull into the driveway, Kai is waiting for us outside. We get out and head inside. Kai leads us to the living room to tell us his plan. Kai is the planner of our little side jobs because if me or Skylar was to make the plan, it would backfire on us.

"The guy's name is Caleb Anderson. He lives a few streets over. Skylar, you'll be the driver. Scarlett, you'll be retrieving the money. There is a spare key under the welcome mat on the front porch. Use it to get yourself inside. When you walk into the house, there will be a set of stairs. Go up the stairs. There will be a door directly in front of you. That is Caleb's room. In the back of his closet, there will be a safe. The combination of the safe is 32-7-29. The only thin in there is my money. HE uses it for nothing else. The money is all I want you to grab. Don't taking anything else you mischievous eyes land on."Kai said.

"I wouldn't dream of taking anything else, Kai. How much will I be making?" I asked.

"You will be making $500. Skylar, you'll be making $300."

We all agreed that was fair. Kai ordered pizza so we could waste some time for it to become dark outside. Darkness makes it easier to break into someone's house. We eat the pizza that arrived around 5:00 pm. We took our time and joked around with each other. By the time we were done it was 7:00 pm. I looked at Skylar as if to ask if she was ready. She nodded. We both got up and headed to Skylar's car. Kai came out and told us the address that he forgot to tell us earlier. We pulled out of the driveway and headed to Caleb's house. We pulled up and Skylar asked if I was ready and I nodded with a sigh. Breaking into people's houses is real tiresome.

I stepped out of the car and walked to the front door while Skylar stayed in the car. When I got to the porch, I knelt down and grabbed the key from underneath the welcome mat. I unlocked the door and opened it. I closed the door after I had walked in. I headed up the stairs and opened the door directly in front of the stairs. I walked in and scanned the room. I located the closet on the far right wall. I opened the closet doors and searched for the safe. Geez this guy is a slob. There were piles of clothes all over the floor of the closet. I located the safe and entered the combination. 32-7-29. It opened easily. I pulled the money out of the safe and closed the safe door. I got up and closed the doors to the closet. I walked out of the room and shut the door. I wanted to make sure that everything was left the same way I found it. I walked down the stairs and out the door. I grabbed the key, that I put back under the welcome mat, and locked the door before I left. I placed the key back under the mat and walked back to Skylar's car and got in. She drove back to Kai's house. She parked outside as I quickly ran in to drop his money off and to collect our money. Kai opened the door after I had knocked. I handed him his money and he handed me a total of $800. He thanked me and I went back to Skylar. She brought me home and then went back to her place. I head straight to my bedroom and pass out.

__________________________________________________________________________

My alarm blared loudly at 5:30 am. I woke up and sighed. I really hate school and waking up early. I pulled myself out of bed and grabbed my brush. I pulled the brush through the rat's nest I called hair. I pulled on dark denim shorts with a lace bottom and a black lace tank top. I went downstairs and grabbed a bagel after I got dressed. I brushed my teeth after finishing my bagel. By the time I was done, Skylar was already here. As I got closer to the car, I realized that there was someone in the back seat. I noticed that it was Ava. I got in the car and realized that it had looked live Ava had been crying.