Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Lexi found me two hours later. With a new cup in hand I stumbled to my feet and met her halfway. 'Hey, what are you doing over here?' She was watching me cautiously, an obvious eye on the cup in my hand. I took another sip trying to remember how many of these Blake's cousin had supplied me with.

'Just taking a break.' I mumbled, my head feeling a bit woozy as I leant against her for support.

'You've been a social butterfly this past hour, I'm not surprised you're taking a break.' She supported me while leading me off towards the house. 'Have you seen Blake?'

I waved my hand off at the party with a pout. 'He left to chase after Ava. Haven't seen him since.'

'He's been looking for you.'

I looked at her with narrowed eyes trying to tell if she was being serious or not. She rolled her eyes with a huff as she pushed me off of her shoulder and down onto a lounge on the porch. 'Geez, you can't sit straight.' She huffed once more and plucked the glass from my hand. 'Who gave you this?'

'What?' I crinkled my nose in concentration while sloppily kicking my shoes off. 'I don't remember his name. He was nice, very welcoming.'

'Shit.' Lexi muttered patting her pockets down before pulling out a sleek black phone. 'Fuck. Blake! Answer your phone. I found Callie, and I'm sure she's drunk off her arse.' Once her phone was safely tucked away she looked down at me.

We were silent for a minute and I tried to stop the nauseating feeling that the world around me was spinning uncontrollably. 'He left his phone in his room.' I chimed happily when the wooden ground stopped zooming at me.

'Seriously?' I shrugged and she leant over the railing to look into the darkness. She started pacing, stopping intermittently to look at me, frustration clear in her eyes. We both jumped when the door closest to us opened with a loud bang and one of the woman at the party walked out, a tray in her hands. 'Miley! Oh thank god. Can you watch Callie for a sec, I need to go find Blake. She's not feeling well.' The more I thought about her words the more it started to become true, a pit of nausea started filling my stomach, feeling like it would overflow at any minute.

'Yeah sure. Just let me drop this off real quick though.'

Lexi watched her cousin hurry away and took one look at me. 'I'll be back. Miley will be a second, don't move a muscle.'

I nodded, but the slight movement pushed the contents of my stomach higher. I heard Eve's voice in my head telling me to grin cheesy, and I did just that, hoping to get rid of the nausea. It only took a second for the feeling to pass and by the time I had opened my eyes another drink had been pressed into my hand. I squinted at the boy and in my hindered state took a large gulp.

'Carl?' At the sound of her voice the boy scurried away quicker than I could comprehend and I couldn't stop my stomach from reeling again. I went to take a sip to quell my upset stomach but Miley was quicker and had the cup out of my hand before I could get it that high. 'Well no wonder you're sick.' She chuckled bringing the cup up to sniff at the drink. Sticking her finger in the liquid she brought it to her mouth to taste it. 'Ew, this is shit alcohol Callie. Remind me to give Carl an arse whooping when I see him next. He deserves it.'

I should have known it, but it still surprised me. 'I was too social.' I muttered to myself, but Miley heard it and raised her eyebrows in question. 'I'm never that social, not until I know you real well. When I have alcohol I become really comfortable around people.'

Blake rushing into view but hesitated on the steps. 'Hey baby.' He crouched down in front of me taking my hands as I let my head rest against his chest. 'Where is he?'