File #3

Decedent: Ellis, Hannah

Case: No. 2017-89412

Gender: Female

Age (TOD): 22

Manner of Death: Homicide

Cause of Death: Severe blood loss and organ failure due to multiple stab wounds.

Remarks:

Ellis was reported missing weeks prior to the discovery of her body, which was found concealed inside the trunk of a suspect's car outside of Kandice Reynold's residence (No. 2017-90228). Case updated and filed accordingly.

She was a nurse at Riverside Hospital who was assigned to assist a recovering patient, Garrett O'Neil, as an at-home caregiver. Police reports state that, after a couple of days of not hearing from her per their routine check-in, the head practitioner notified officers of her sudden disappearance.

Victim's left eye had been critically punctured from an eighteen gauge needle. Toxicology reports confirm that, upon insertion of the syringe, an anesthetic substance was entered into her system. The dose was extremely high and, within seconds, it is expected that she had lost all physical control of her body. Bruises on her neck indicate that, at some point, she was being strangled by her assailant. There are multiple lacerations on her fingers and palms, as well as a fingernail that had been torn completely from its base. Slivers of wood embedded underneath her remaining fingernails suggest that she had clawed at the floor as she was dragged the opposite direction. She was then stabbed in the chest and abdomen with an eight inch knife a total of twelve times. Upon further examination, it is apparent that the victim was deceased prior to the fourth infliction of the blade.

Immediately after the finding of her corpse, a warrant was granted for police to search the O'Neil residence the following day. Evidence extracted from the scene confirms the findings in the initial postmortem report. Her patient, Garrett O'Neil, has yet to be found and an MPR has officially been filed in search for his whereabouts. He is currently not viewed as a prime suspect in this crime.

 He is currently not viewed as a prime suspect in this crime