CHAPTER 36: Meeting Up

John's Prov.

I feel bad for putting all that on Jack so soon and all at once but I knew it had to happen an he wouldn't let it go.
Out of the corner of me eye, I saw everyone looking up and forward behind Jack.
I looked as well and saw Sarah leaning her bike up against a boulder and start walking towards us.
I wonder if she has talked to Derek or not yet?.
When she looked up and saw all of us staring at her, she stopped and looked  nervous....especially when she saw me and Jack.

This should be Interesting.

She slowly started walking towards us again while coming back to reality.

She smiled as she reaches us.
"Hey guys" she smiled,

I could now see the slight pain in her eyes...I guess it hasn't ended yet.

"Sarah, hey! How have you been? We're glad you were able to make it out" May said,
Sarah smiled "yea same here! Took some convincing of course haha, I've been doing pretty good guess, how about you guys?" She asks,

I feel so bad that she has to lie to us, to her family, to everyone...I wish we could help her.
We all answered her
"that's awesome guys! Jack oh my god! I'm SO glad your out of the hospital and feeling better!" She said to him as her face lit up, I haven't seen that in a long time, she was about to hug him but stopped herself.

why is that? Not like Phil's watching her....is he!?

"Thanks! I'm glad to be out of there and getting back up an at it again" he said with his face lighting up as well. Sarah took a seat on the side between Jill and Jack so she could get a visual at all of us.
"What all have you been up to Sarah since the last time we got together at the mall?" May asked her,
"not a whole lot, being grounded, visited the hospital a few times to see Jack and ha- and spending time with Phil, haven't been aloud to go out" she says upset
"so you've been spending all your free time with Phil, and not being able to divide it between him and us?" Jack asks,
She glances up at me with worried eyes, than looks to Jack
"It's hard to explain" she excuses with a slight side smile.
"What has everyone else been up too?" She asks changing the topic a bit.
"Not a lot, between being grounded spending as much time as possible with these guys and visits to jack when he was in the hospital" Jill says, and May and I reply with the same thing.
She seems off still....I mean I know she can't heal those bruises and cuts in just a day but she seems nervous too, I wonder what's happened since the last time I saw her?.
Things got quite for a minute, felt awkward, until Jack spoke breaking the silence.
"What's been going on between you and Phil?" He asked Sarah while looking into her eyes intently

"we umm....(*clears throat*)...we're dating" she responded not being able to look away from Jack's stare,
"why though? I thought after all he did you wouldn't be able too stand the sight of him like we do" he asked her and stated.
May Jill and I are just watching and listening to Sarah and Jack's conversation.
May and Jill and Will both looked Confused and intrigued at this conversation, but as for me, I know most, if not all of the reasons to his questions.
"Like I said before, it's hard to explain, it's a confusing situation" she tells him
"Sarah you should know by know that I can tell when your avoiding something" he says, and it is true.
"Jack.....I-" she's cut off by her phone buzzing, she takes it out of her pocket
and her eyes widen with shock and fear.
She looks up and around but sees nothing...what was that text?
Jack puts a Hand on her knee and she jumps as if he scared her. "Sarah?....what's wrong?" He asks her worried as we all are
"I-I don't know.....(*clears throat*)...it's okay, I-I'm just going to have too leave soon" she says.
now there's no dought in my mind that that reason is Phil. I cant wait till all this is over.
"But why? You just got here....?" Jack asks disappointed
"I'm sorry guys, I have to do something soon, but I can stay for a bit longer" she replied with a slight smile.
I can tell that their all disappointed with her and I honestly would be too if I didn't know what all was going on with her and Phil.
We start talking about random stuff like we usually do and did, but I couldn't help feel that Sarah was on the edge about something.
Though I can't just come out and ask her right here, I guess I'll just Have to call her later.

Sarah's prov.

Just when I was about to answer Jack's question, my phone went off.
I sadly am in a habit of checking my phone incase it's Phil, but it wasn't him....it was, belive it or not, Dale.
It said
"be careful what you say to their questions Sarah....don't want Phil to find out you told anyone what's going on, do you?"

Little jerk! I look around hastily looking for any sight of him, but there was nothing....so I guess I know why I had that strange feeling on my way here.
Jack puts a Hand on my knee and making me jump because he scared me.
"Sarah?....what's wrong?" He asks me worried
"I-I don't know.....(*clears throat*)...it's okay, I-I'm just going to have too leave soon" I say,
"But why? You just got here....?" Jack asks disappointed
"I'm sorry guys, I have to do something soon, but I can stay for a bit longer" I replied with a slight smile.
I'm glad that he or any of them didn't push. Just another reason that they truly are loyal and good friends.
After a bit of random talking like old times, I FINALY gave in to check my phone. It wasn't going off or anything, but I had a feeling it would soon.
I clears my throat, "sorry guys, I have to leave now" I say sadly,
I heard Jack sigh quietly and looked away.
John looked at me Sympatheticly but all said "okay, see you later" an smile as I turned and walked towards my bike to leave.
As I picked my bike up, my phone buzzed. I checked it and it was another message from Dale...
"Good job behaving, member we are always watching you Sarah, be careful"
I quickly exited the message an hoped on my bike to take off home.