Say What?

Yingjie's POV

Warmth rushed into my cheeks as I nervously looked out at the crowd of fans who were were staring at me with blunt curiosity.

I nervously half-bowed and waved towards the crowd, giving a little smile as I did, before turning and making my way towards where Minghao sat. A murmur went through the crowd as I made my trek across the stage and a few camera flashes resumed. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, at least the crowd was returning to normal and not solely ogling at me anymore.

I waved to Hansol and Seungkwan as I passed by, to which they returned with a surprised and amused wave of their own, before stopping to kneel in front of Minghao.

"Hi," I said, a little breathlessly, and gave him a smile.

"Hi," Minghao chuckled, "what are you doing out here? You do know there's a fan meeting going on right now, right?"

"Of course I know that," I jokingly rolled my eyes, "I'm here because I forgot to put chapstick on you."

"What?" Chan, who was to Minghao's left, asked with an incredulous laugh, "You came all the way out here just for chapstick?"

"Chapstick is very important."

Laughter erupted from Chan and the members around us who overheard our conversation. Minghao stared at me with an expression that seemed as if he could burst into laughter in any second, but he held it all together with a wide smile.

"You're really something, you know?" he said warmly.

"Just pucker up so I can put this chapstick on you and save myself from embarrassing myself any further," I uncapped the chapstick and tried to ignore the new warmth on my cheeks.

The warmth that had nothing to do with the fact I was onstage.

Minghao laughed lightly before putting his lips together like I asked and that ladies and gentlemen, is when the crowd of fans behind me came back to life.

Shouts of excited screams sounded throughout the room, matching the energy and fervor before when the members walked onstage. The cameras resumed their permanent flashes and I was able to make out some of the more louder screams from the fans:

"LOOK AT HOW CUTE HE IS!"

"HIS LIPS!"

"WHO IS THAT GUY AND WHY IS HE CUTER THAN I WILL EVER BE???"

"MINGHAO ARE YOU GONNA KISS THAT GUY?!"

"I NEVER KNEW I HAD THIS SHIP UNTIL NOW!"

"WHY CANT I BE THAT GUY IN FRONT OF MINGHAO?!?"

My blush returned full force into my cheeks but I didn't dare turn back to face them, too shy to do so. Instead I focused on my task at hand; the faster I did this then the quicker I could get off the stage and the fan meet can start.

I reached out and lightly tilted Minghao's chin up, bringing his lips a little closer towards me. The screams got higher behind me but I tuned them out.

Focus, Yingjie. Focus.

Just put the chapstick on his lips...his lips...his lips were oh so pink, like cotton candy. His top lip was curled smoothly in a cupid's bow and was slightly smaller than his bottom lip, which was a bit more fuller in volume. Seeing his lips together in such a way, I was reminded of the enchanting swirls of the folds of a rose. My eyes began to stray, wandering onto the rest of his face and dear god he was beautiful.