6

the following week, amber had been more busy than ever before. her days started at the crack of dawn and consisted of research and interviewing cranky citizens.

the whole story about these stray rats was really wearing amber out, luckily, today was Friday, meaning amber wouldn't have to worry about this story anymore for two days.

even better, amber had invited fionn over the next night, something she had been looking forward to.

much to her disappointment, amber couldn't find many opportunities to see fionn that week. after work, only more work awaited her at home. she made sure she gave him waves through the windows of la cup, or if she had more time, pop in to say a quick hello.

she always looked forward to seeing fionn, even if it was only for a few seconds. she loved the way his face lite up upon seeing her.

amber was quickly falling head over heels for this boy, and she wasn't even mad about it.

-

saturday afternoon and amber was pacing.

fionn would be over in a few hours and she was deciding whether she should make dinner now or order takeout.

she and fionn talked so much online but barely had any time to talk in real life. that's why amber invited him over tonight, so they could talk, watch some movies and maybe even kiss, who knows.

-

three knocks pounded on the door, echoing through the flat, causing amber's stomach to plummet.

she quickly walked to the door and took a deep breath before opening it. there stood fionn, wearing a navy sweater paired with his adorable glasses.

"hello love," he said with a bright smile.

amber nearly fainted right then and there. fionn had started calling her love and amber didn't know if she would ever find it less attractive.

"hi. uh, come in!" she exclaimed, opening the door wide enough for him to step through.

amber closed the door and led fionn into the living room. " i was going to order take out, any preferences?" she asked.

"whatever you want, I'll love." he said, coming over and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"chinese?"

"my favorite," he answered and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

amber placed the order on her phone and joined fionn on the couch, resting her head on his shoulder.

"so what movie do you want to watch?" she asked, scrolling through her purchased films.

"hmm." mumbled fionn, scanning the screen. "oh I love the imitation game."

"you wanna watch it?"

"lets do it."

-

amber sleepily turned off the movie as the credits rolled, untangling herself from fionn's arms. empty boxes of takeout sat scattered on the table.

"fionn?"

"hm?" he muttered sleepily.

"I'm gonna clean up now."