Breathe (Percy Jackson x reader)

- Well, y/n have you heard of the party tomorrow? - Annabeth asked me as we were walking around camp.
- What party? - I asked.
- The one in the Apollo cabin. Everybody's gonna be there. You should totally come. Please... - Even she did those puppy eyes when she was trying to convince me do something.

I wasn't exactly the party type of person. I would prefer reading a book or watching Netflix instead of listening to loud music and standing by the food table all night. At least the books didn't make me feel rejected and lonely.

- I'll think about it. I promise.
- You're the best y/n. - Annabeth said.
- I can't deny that.

We both laughed and then Annabeth went to her cabin. I went to the beach and stayed there for about an hour and then got back to the g/p cabin. My siblings weren't there. "Reading time!" I thought happily. I was about to get my favourite book out of my backpack when I heard a knock on the cabin door.

- Come in. - I said but didn't let my book out of sight.
- Hey y/n! - A familiar voice greeted.

I suddenly turned to the person and almost gasped as I saw the last camper I'd ever expexted talking to me.

- Um, hi Percy! Wha...what are you doing here? If you're looking for s/n I think that they're at the Big House.

"Wait! Was Percy blushing? Nah, I must get glasses or something!"

- Actually...I was, um...looking for you.
- For me? Why so?
- You know, there's a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you...you have someone to go with.
- I...uh...no. Not really. But I wasn't thinking of going to the party.

I tried to hide my blushing face as Percy ( the most popular, brave, handsome and cute guy) asked if was going to the party.

- Why not? It's going to be fun. I guarantee.
- Really? Well, I'll try to make up my mind then.
- That's...great.
- Who are you going with, Percy?
- No one.
- No one?! But you are so perf... I mean everybody would like to go with you.
- Except the girl I like.
- You know, if she doesn't, she will lose. - I said but immediately realised who he was talking about.
- You think so? - Percy perked up but then became kind of upset again.
- Yeah. And by the way, I might come with you.
- What? Really? - A smile appeared on his face (most likely a smirk).
- But, under one condition.

What was happening to me?! I was bargaining with the most perfect boy in the universe about going with him to a party!! I am INSANE.

- What is it? - Percy curiously asked.
- You have to answer a few questions and if the answers are correct, you'll wait for me in front of my cabin tomorrow at 7. Okay?
- Don't make them too hard, please!
- Don't worry, they'll be easy since we're friends.

I had the feeling that Percy was now preparing to answer with the cost of his life. Why did he even want to go with me so desperately?

- One: my favourite color?
- F/c.
- My favourite flower?
- F/f.
- My favourite band?
- F/b.
- My favourite movie?
- F/m.
- Last one: the color of my underwear right now?

Percy started blushing like crazy. It was almost ridiculous.

- Wait, what?
- Just kidding! Wow, calm down. You' re so red that you can explode!

I started laughing loudly and Percy joined me after a second.

- So, what's the answer of the last one? - Percy said and a smirk showed on his face.
- Oh please. It's like I would ever tell you!
- We'll see. See you tomorrow at 7.
Then he went out of my cabin.

~•~•~•~•~ Time skip to the party~•~•~•~

The party night. "Finally!" I thought and put on my sandals to complete my outfit. I was wearing a short strapless dress in dark blue with silver crystals and stars at the bottom. No make-up on because I decided to stay natural tonight. I heard that knock on the door again.

- Hi y/...wow! - Percy looked like an asteroid just hit him.
- Nice to meet you, too. Shall we go? - I asked.
- Yeah, just...you're so gorgeous.
I blushed. I just couldn't help it. He was adorable.
- Same for you. It seems that everyone at the party's going to be jealous of me.

I didn't even know why I said that but tried to cover my face so that he couldn't see me getting redder than ever.

We were already at the food table to grab some snacks when I heard the next song which started playing. MY FAVOURITE! I looked at Percy and saw him lip-syncing the text.

- You...you know that song? - I asked while looking at his sea green eyes.
- Yeah. It's one of my favourites. How about we get on the dance floor?
I was standing there shocked and staring at Percy. He...asked me to dance. What?! Was I dreaming?
- I'll take that as yes.

Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

It's been a week since you hit my bed
And since then, you've started living in my head, eh
Seven days and I'm nearly dead
Never thought that I'd reboot
But you're a different kind of new

It's like I feel everything more (I forget to)
All my body knows it when you reach my floor, eh
My heart is beating down the door
And now I'm stocking up on oxygen

'Cause when I see you
I forget to bre-e-eathe
I forget to, when I'm with you

If I could just inhale some chill
It's like I'm living out in space
How am I still here?
Did you slip me a magic pill?
Got me lifted like an astronaut
No helmet on and my lungs just stop.

Percy put his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck. We were looking at each other's eyes and simultaneously were singing.

So please, when you look at me like that
There's no way to fight back, no
Please, can't you see I'm stocking up on oxygen

'Cause when I see you
I forget to bre-e-eathe
I forget to, when I'm with you
When I see you
I forget to bre-e-eathe (I forget to)
I forget to, when I'm with you

I don't know how to live without the breath you finish

Percy pulled me even closer to him. Our foreheads were inches apart and our lips were almost touching. But we kept on singing.

I don't know how to live without the breath you finish
Give me it, give me it

Then something happened - we kissed. Percy put his lips on mine and I kissed back right after I got out of the shock. The song was still playing in the background.

I forget to bre-e-eathe
I forget to, when I'm with you
When I see you
I forget to bre-e-eathe (I forget to)
I forget to, when I'm with you.

- You know you are the girl I like, right? - Percy smiled and gazed at my eyes.
- I kinda understood it right when you asked me to come.
- And you said nothing?
- Yeah. Because guess what. You are the boy I like, too.

I giggled and the rest of the night was spent in kissing and pick-up lines from Percy.