Chapter 3: Meowth, That's Right!

Arnia arrived home to her room mate and her boyfriend sitting on the second hand couch with a bottle of bubbly and a handwritten banner strung out on the living room door way. She smiled at them, but before doing so she was hit with a loud shout "SURPRISE!"

"Oooh guys." She smiled, "You shouldn't have... I mean, you shouldn't have... I have a date tonight."

Daria spit out her champagne, "What?!" She rose up and held Arnia by the shoulders, "With who?!"

"It's a long story... See, when that Blazer hit me, he signalled me to the pull-over lane. He got out and apparently... It was Toby Turner. I tried to run off as quickly as I could, but then I saw him at the convention center, which I won because the other guy didn't show up and... Well, Toby wanted to exchange information so he invited me to dinner." Arnia began blushing and pulling at her sleeves. Daria's boyfriend promptly dropped his glass while Daria stood there stupified.

"Oh my god, you're kidding." Daria's jaw was on the floor, "We have to get you dressed up! I have the perfect outfit!"

Arnia backed off a little, "I just wanted to take a shower. It's a business exchange, I used the wrong word. Date is a strong, stroooong word."

Daria began pushing her into the bathroom, "Not taking no for an answer, you get washed up and I'm making you pretty!" Daria shut the door, "Don't come out till you're sparkling!"

"... Weirdo." Arnia took off all her clothes, meanwhile the business card slipped out of her pocket. She stared down at it, "Maybe I should call him and warn him." She picked up her phone and punched in the digits before a voice picked up.

"Hello?" Toby's voice answered enthusiastically.

"Hey, It's me. Arnia, from the convention?" She had a hopeful tone in her voice.

He laughed a bit, "Oh, hi... Well, now I know exactly who you are. You ready to go?"

She sighed, "No, I'm naked and my room mate's threatening to make me pretty."

He got nervous for a second, "Uh, well, is that a bad thing?"

"Well, not really." She put the phone on her bare shoulder and turned on the water, "I just don't wear make up a lot."

"Why not? Make-up makes girls pretty." He laid back on his hotel bed and shrugged.

"I'm a gamer. I don't need make-up, I'm not trying to look for a man." She looked at her nude body in the mirror, "I'm trying to save a princess half the time."

He gave another small laugh, "Alright. Well, just tell me when you're ready and I'll come by and pick you up."

She raised an eyebrow, "How about I meet you somewhere?"

"... Okay, you got me. I don't know where anything is, help me out here... Pleassssse?" Toby gave a small pout, "You used to be my faaaaaaan."

She sighed again, "Fine. Don't start showing up to my apartment randomly or anything though."

"Well, you ruined my plans for the next two weeks." He smiled.

"Alright, well... Seeya." She smiled, hanging up the phone. She put the phone on the bathroom counter and got in the shower, cleaning herself up and thinking about life.

_____________________________________________________

Toby laid back on his bed and turned on the TV, thinking about the day's events. "Well, I've got a date with a girl whose about a seven on the scale... Wait, not a date." He paced about, thinking about what to do with his car, "It's not totaled, so I could repair it easily... Buff out the scratches and It'll all be good. Not much money... But her fender fell off. How am I going to pay for that?" He looked in the mirror, and a light bulb went off in his head, "... Wellll, I am quite charming. Maybe if I take her on a night on the town, she'll forget... Heck, a night on the town will help me forget too."