13 - Let's talk in library

Saira's POV:-

It had been five minutes since I am sitting here in our college library, waiting eagerly for Rahil. I know, its been just five minutes, but being impatient I already started doubting whether he will come or not. May be he forgot that we have to meet here.

I sighed as I lazily started turning pages of book in front of me but my eyes were glued on the library's entrance.

When I was about to loose my last bit of patience I saw him walking in and simultaneously, I heard gasps of some girls sitting around. Okay! I don't blame them. He has same effect on me also.

"Hi...sorry for getting late..got stucked somewhere..." He apologized. He was breathing hard.

"No issues."I said.

"Thanks.." He moved an empty chair before taking seat in front of me.

"So...while I was waiting, I made some...." I started but was cut off abruptly by him.

"Saira, before we start this, I want to say something to you...sorry, let me rephrase it, I want to ask something...can I?"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah s-sure." I stuttered.

"So...Is this a new way of reading? I mean, with book upside down...or is this your secret technique by which you always score so well in class." He whispered leaning towards me before pointing his index finger towards the book I was holding.

"Huh? What are you....? I mumbled taking a look at the book I was holding.

My book was upside down.

"God! Why this has to happened in front of him?" I cried internally.

I looked at him. He was trying hard to suppress his laugh but amusement in his eyes gave away that how much he was enjoying it. I covered my face with my hands, atleast in that way he could not see my reddened face.

"Hey...sorry!  I was just kidding." He spoke as I felt him removing my hands from my face. " But...you still got to share your secrets with me.." He jested as corners of his lips turned upwards.

"Haha...very funny. Wait when I will catch you doing something like this. Anyway,it would be better to get back to what we were supposed to be doing, otherwise we will be thrown out of here. Didn't you notice how librarian is scowling at both of us." I said in hushed voice, gesturing my head in that direction.

"Yes...you are right. Lets get to work. We can start by searching some books for reference and then, dividing topics, whichever suits each of us. Will it be okay with you?" He asked.

"Yes...sounds like a plan. "I said before we stood up and walked towards bookshelves.

After ten minutes of juggling, we finalized three books for reference. We got it issued by librarian and came back at our seat.

We started making notes of thing which should be included in presentation. With each passing minutes with him, I was getting more and more impressed by his nature. For a change, he was making most of the conversation, instead of me. I liked it.

"So...will it be fine if you make a chart of adverse effects of these drugs or should I do it?" His voice brought me back from my thoughts as he asked
while pointing towards something in his notebook.

"Huh?..."Sorry...What did you said? I was thinking something else?"I apologised.

"No... Its fine. I was just asking if you can make a separate chart on these drugs effects?" He repeated marking something in his notebook before looking back at me.

"No problem. I can do it. You are already covering so many sub-topics. Anyway I had a doubt which is bothering me ." I mumbled

"Doubt?" He questioned anxiously.

"Yeah...actually, if you had noticed, that today is friday and our presentation is on Monday...and tomorrow and Sunday, we don't have class, then how the hell we will finish our project together. It is impossible to complete it today." I explained.

"Oh yes. It really skipped from my mind. You are right. It is impossible to complete it today in college itself. We still have so much work remaining to do. We have to think something..." He said anxiously.

Few minutes passed before he spoke.

"Actually, there is one way if you don't mind."

"Why would I mind? Just tell me what you are thinking?" I asked confused.

"We can complete this together at our house, either yours or mine, wherever you are comfortable.." He stated, leaning back on his chair.

"No..umm..I mean your house is fine. Actually, I can't bring you to my house. You have no idea how my neighbours will react. Although we are in twenty first century, their thinking is still of fifteenth." I made known.

"Oh! Thats really weird. So, my house it is. I will message you my address or I can come and pick you up?" He suggested.

"No. I will manage, also my brother will drop me because I am sure my mother will not let me go alone to anybody's house, especially a boy. I hope you don't mind if I tag him along." I asked.

" I really don't have any issue. Your brother is most welcome." He said smiling.

"Thanks. I think we should wrap up our work, for now. I will meet you tomorrow at your house."I told before grabbing my books and stuffing them in my bag.

"Ok then...see you tomorrow." He said eyeing me, his gaze lingering on my face long enough to increase my heartbeat.

"Yeah...bye." I mumbled.

******

On reaching home, I quickly took shower and changed into comfy pyjamas and simple top. Afterwards, I made a cup of masala tea...my favorite.

I noticed that ammi was not at home.

"She must had gone to market to buy vegetables as she was saying a day before that she need to stock them up as there was warning about heavy rain in city in next fourty-eight hours." I thought.

After making tea, I walked towards my room while sipping it. I was about to sit on my bed when my phone buzzed. There was notification of new message.

I opened it. It was an unknown number. I quickly started reading it. "Hi! Just wanted to remind you about our meeting tomorrow for assignment. You are still on it?"- Rahil

I was about to type a reply when suddenly it striked me that I haven't given him my number. Then, how was he texting me?

I thought to ask him when my phone again buzzed with his new message. I quickly opened and read it..."I know what you are thinking. Actually, I forgot asking your number today. Later, I had to ask Faizal for it. Hope you will not mind."

"No...its okay." I said aloud.

"What the hell Saira!You are saying as if he is sitting in front of you Dumbo! Type your reply and send him." I scolded myself

I quickly typed a short message trying not to appear desperate.
"Its okay and it was my fault too that I forgot to give you my number. Yes...I will come tomorrow", before sending it.

Just after a few seconds, his reply came.."Great...see you tomorrow. I am texting you address right now."

After ending the conversation, I took a deep breath before finishing my tea.

********

A/N:-

So...are you guys excited for them?
Thnx for read.
Love you all😘😘