Chapter 8

-Flashback-

"No more drinking." Sam said softly and you sighed heavily "You've had enough."

"Come on Sam." you frowned, looking at him "I need that."

"No you don't." he pursed his lips with the authoritative tone he had used a few but very special moments when you were together "What you need is a good night's sleep, and probably a shower to help you relax too."

"Hmh" you hummed, closing your eyes for a moment "I don't know if you've forgotten Sammy but I'm not the shower girl. I'm the one for-"

"Baths, rose petals and a few candles for dim lighting because you deep down are a hopeless romantic with of course a hint of vanilla and orange in the air but it always varies according to your mood, meaning it can also be strawberries." he cut you off, completing your sentence and smirking softly as he heard you let out a small chuckle "Yeah I know."

"You know me so well." you whispered, opening your eyes to look at him as you licked your lips "But you're forgetting-"

"Always in someone's arms and head massages? No, of course not. That's hardly something I could ever forget." he said with a small shrug, giving you a shy smile and you chuckled.

"Of course you wouldn't." you smiled at him, not even realizing how you snuggled with him. It seemed that your body just reached out to the warmth his provided.

"You're just the perfect boyfriend, the perfect one." you grinned, shaking your head softly "And to think I was the one to forget most of our anniversaries." you giggled and he laughed softly.

"You only forgot one or two, (Y/n). No big deal."

"Hmh you wouldn't complain in the end, no." you bit your lower lip, smiling almost shyly up at him "I always found the perfect way to make it up to you." you laughed and he did the same, nodding his head softly as he brushed a few strands of hair out of your face.

"That you did but-" he let a soft sigh "That's in the past now, (Y/n). Τhere is no point in talking about it."

"No, Sam no." you breathed out, a small pout on your face "I want to talk about it, I need to talk about it. I've- I've kept it inside for so long that I never- I never showed you how much I appreciated you. And then you were gone and I- I couldn't-" you sniffled.

"No, no hey shh." he whispered, his arms wrapping around you "It's ok (Y/n), I know- I know how you felt about me. I always knew, I never once doubted you."

"But I didn't tell you enough, Sam. Not everything I really felt for you. Not how much I appreciated you. You were amazing to me, you saved me and I don't mean just from the monsters that wanted to kill me. But from my own self." you fisted the flannel he was wearing in your hand shaking your head "You were amazing to me and I didn't deserve you."

"Don't say that please. If anything I am the one that didn't deserve you." he whispered, rubbing your head softly.

"Don't say that either." you whispered "You offered me so much, more than I could ever think I deserved. And then you- you gave me the gratest gift of all. You made me a mother." you closed your eyes, a tear sliding down your cheek "I can still remember every second of it, from finding out I was pregnant to holding her. Gosh she was so small Sam, you should have see her." you looked up at him, eyes glossy. You knew you were rambling slightly but you felt better at letting your emotions show.

"She was?" he asked in a whisper and you nodded your head.

"When I saw her I thought that nobody could have ever guessed she was yours. She was so small and the moment I held her she just curled in my arms and fell asleep. She was so beautiful Sam and for a moment I swore I could see you in her." you smiled, looking down at your hands and Sam slowly brought one of his hands to hold yours.