Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Class A for Admiration

Michaela giggled as she took a bite of her chocolate croissant. She raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow at me and licked a small dot of chocolate off of her bottom lip. "Is he at least hot?" I felt my cheeks go hot for a second.

"I mean, he isn't ugly."

She smirked. "So he is hot. If you are going to be a prostitute, it might as well be for someone you would fuck without them having to pay you, right? Then the money is just an added bonus." I didn't say anything else. I just stared at my fruit parfait while I tried to convince myself that not everyone in the cafe was staring at us. Everywhere I go, it feels like someone is able to tell that I work in the sex industry... And I just couldn't seem to get away from it. Michaela cleared her throat, making me look up at her. "So who is it? You can at least give me a name..."

"I don't think I should." I took a drink of my water nervously. She gave me a pouty look and clasped her hands under her chin in a begging gesture. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "His name is Dustin... Dustin Frost."

I watched as Michaela's eyes widened and she almost choked on her croissant. "Are you serious? Are you saying that you are supposed to be fucking the Dustin Frost? The billionaire that just launched a new computer software that all of the major IT companies are scrambling to get their hands on? Even Microsoft has tried to buy out his software. He is about to put them out of business."

"I... don't know anything about that. You do realize that I am not going with computers and I definitely do not keep up with the new softwares and things... But that would explain why he had me meet him at The Plaza." I took a bite of my parfait, hoping that we could drop this conversation. I should have realized that he was someone seriously important and now I could only hope that he didn't think I was rude when I didn't immediately know who he was. Truth was that I didn't really watch a lot of television either, so I was usually behind on all of the news.

Michaela reached across the table and put her hand on mine, lowering her voice to a whisper. "Have you considered it...?"

"Considered what?" I swallowed hard, hoping that she wasn't suggesting what I thought she was.

She laughed. "Remember when we both swore that if we met a hot, successful man we would make him fall in love with us and marry him? This could be your chance. He could be your way out of this industry."

"Michaela!" I stared at her in shock for a moment. "Are you seriously suggesting that I use him?"

She shrugged and took the last bit of her croissant. "He is using you, too, isn't he? Hell, he is having a film made of him fucking you! It's not that bad if you make him fall in love with you and use his connections to get you out of pornography. It's long overdue, girl... For both of us."

"I can't do that. I don't even know this guy and he has no interest in getting to know me outside of the bedroom. We both should already assume that. But..." I trailed off, allowing the possibilities to play through my head briefly. "We are so going to hell for even considering this..."

Michaela smiled and wiggled her eyebrows at me. "So does that mean...?"

"Not necessarily. But I can see what happens." I smile at her and take another drink of water. As if the universe was out to make me pay for my plotting, as I set my glass back down a man in a well-tailored suit walked through the cafe doors. It didn't take long for Dustin's eyes to land on mine and all I wanted was to slide into my seat and hide. "Michaela," I whispered, almost frantic, "he just walked in and he is heading this way."

Michaela quickly turned her head to look at him and whistled under her breath. I already knew that she thought he was as hot as I did. He made his way through the cafe and I was almost certain that everyone turned to stare at him. He just had the kind of aura that demanded respect. I couldn't tear my eyes away even when he reached our table.

"Ah, Ms. Star. Your boss said I might find you here. I wanted to personally apologize for the other night. Grant gave me your number but you have not answered any of my calls." He pulled up a chair from a nearby table and sat next to me, so close that I could smell his cologne. It was a strong scent... Spicy, yet almost sweet.

I inhaled sharply as he leaned in so close that I could see the slight stubble above his lip and scattered across his jaw. He noticed me staring and smirked at me, making me look away as my cheeks burned. "Uh, I'm sorry. I don't usually answer calls if I do not know the number. You never left a voicemail or a text message either. I assumed it was a telemarketer."

"Of course." Dustin continued to smirk at me as I squirmed under his gaze. "I just wanted to make sure that you had made it home alright and in one piece since I hadn't heard from you. But since we are both here, I would like to reschedule the filming of that scene."

My lips parted to say something but instead I just looked at Michaela, who appeared to be undressing Dustin with her eyes. I swallowed hard and turned my head back to look at him. "Of course, just let Grant know when you are ready and he will make sure I make it on time."

Dustin leaned back in his chair and let out a slow breath. "See, here is the thing... I do not wish to work with your boss anymore. He is an impossibly greedy man. Get him drunk enough and he spills every detail about how he was only going to give you five thousand dollars for the scene I was going to pay thirty thousand for. So, instead, I would rather work directly with you so that you get the amount you actually deserve."

"Oh my god. Aviana, you can't turn that down." Michaela stared between the two of us with wide eyes.

I shot her a pointed glare, mentally telling her to shut the hell up. "Look, Mr. Frost, as amazing as that sounds, I have a contract and they can prosecute me if I break it. Me working directly with you is out of the question at the moment."

"What if I bought out your contract? Would you be able to do it then?" Silence was the only response that he got for a long moment before I shook my head.

"I can't ask you to pay an additional one-hundred and fifty thousand dollars just to get me out of my contract. I only have three years left and then-"

Dustin raised a hand and gave me a stern look. "I am going to go ahead and pay off your contract. That is pocket change compared to how much money I have made in the past six months. Then, you and I will film that scene and I will hire my own staff to produce it and it will be up to you whether we publish it for public consumption or keep it private."

"Mr. Frost, I can't..." The look he gave me almost had me sliding down into my seat to hide. "Alright. Thank you." At that point there was no logical reason to argue with him. It seemed like he already made up his mind.

He smiled and the sight made my stomach flutter with butterflies. "Excellent. I will have my secretary get in contact with your boss and we will get this show on the road once you are in the clear. What do you say to meeting me for dinner tonight? It is the least that I can do for you since you are allowing me to film myself using your body."

"Mr. Frost!" I blushed furiously as Michaela started laughing at my embarrassment.

He chuckled and stood. "I will pick you up at seven then. Text me your address." I nodded silently, defeat settling in the pit of my stomach. He leaned down and kissed my forehead in front of everyone. I could have died. "See you later, baby girl. Wear something pink."

"Yes, Sir." I whispered, staring down at my feet. When he had finally left I looked at Michaela, who couldn't have seemed happier. "What the hell have I gotten myself into?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. But it seems like he might be willing to let you use him... Looks like he might be your dirty little secret, girl."

I sighed and put my head in my hand. She might have been right. Fuck.