Diana is not acting like Diana

Enter Constanze. She had agreed to spar against Diana, which was something incredibly Amanda had teased her on the moment they left the store to dinner.

"Someone has a crush, don't they?" Amanda crooned. Constanze didn't respond, as that would only cause more teasing.

"I have to say, Constanze, I was surprised to hear that you said yes," Lotte said. They sat together, like usual, except that the main topics talked about consisted of Constanze's "crush" on Diana and how Sucy was so mean, (The last one was mainly brought up by Akko, who had been the victim of another potion).

"It was a little weird. But it's just for chess, right?" Akko asked, momentarily taking her attention off Sucy. "I mean, you guys aren't gonna kiss or anything?"

"Akko, you're only interested in it because no one asks you dates." Sucy said.

"W- Hey- No! That- That's not true! You're always so mean to me, Sucy!" Akko said. This had taken everyone's attention, so only Amanda saw Constanze turn red when the word "date" was mentioned. She didn't say anything, but just grinned and winked. This resulted in Constanze being even more embarrassed. She quickly excused herself and left.

---

It was morning. Constanze hadn't been able to sleep a wink, and so just spent most of her time in her workshop. But an alarm went off, and so when she checked the time, she realized her date was in 10 minutes. Constanze shook her head and thought, Not a date. Just chess.

She quickly went back to the dorm to brush her teeth and wash up, and was out the door in record time. Constanze felt jittery, nervous. But for what? Diana was just another person she could train with. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she nearly missed the library altogether. Entering, she looked around and located Diana sitting at a table near the back, sipping a drink. Other than her, they were alone.

"Constanze! I'm glad you could make it," Diana said. "I got this for you." She stood after Constanze made her way to her table, and pulled out a ring.

Confused, Constanze began to shake her head "no". She didn't know she was suppose to bring a gift, and didn't want to seem impolite.

"It's alright, Constanze. It's a gift from a friend." Diana said. Friend? Constanze considered her an acquaintance, but if Diana wanted to be friends... Who was she to say no?

"Alright, give me your hand." Diana said. Constanze's eyes grew and her cheeks turned slightly red, and again shook her head no.

"Don't be such a baby. I don't bite." Diana said, grabbing her hand. Constanze was too surprised to take her hand back, or perhaps, she didn't want too. The ring Diana slipped on her finger was a simple gold band, perfectly fitted. Her warm hands on her's was a nice feeling, but Constanze didn't want Diana to think that she liked her or anything, so she took her hand back.

Constanze looked around for a board but couldn't see one. Was I suppose to bring one? She thought.

"Oh, I didn't bring a board," Diana said, smiling. "I thought we could do something else. Like go to town or something! Ya know, like a date!"

This was too much for poor Constanze. She had turned beet red and was standing stock still. Constanze didn't know Diana that well, but she knew enough to know that this was not how she normally acted.

"C'mon! I've got something fun planned, you'll love it." With this, Diana grabbed Constanze's arm and tugged her along with her. Constanze turned even more red and gave a slight whimper in protest, but didn't stop her. All she saw was Diana smiling and pulling her along.

What she didn't see was Amanda and the rest of the group giggling.