Spencer Reid

(510 words)

You and Spencer had been dating for close to a year now. You loved every moment of it, even when he was taken away from you for his job. You knew he still wasn't completely comfortable with touching and that was fine with you because he tried and that made you happy. He had been away on a case and was coming home that night so you decided to make a nice dinner for him. You hummed softly to yourself as you checked on how the chicken was cooking then stirred the mashed potatoes before glancing at the time. He should be home any minute now. Your heart raced thinking about being able to hug him when he came home. He was always the best with touching and hugging and kissing when he first came back from a case since he had missed you and you had missed him.
Dinner had just finished cooking when you heard the door open. You quickly plated the food and set the table up before walking to the living room watching your adorable boyfriend taking his jacket off.
"Hey handsome," you said softly as you wiped your hands on a towel.
Spencer looked up as he set his bag down and smiled immediately moving over and taking you into his arms, holding you close. "Hey you. I missed you" he said softly and kissed your head gently.
You relaxed against his chest and slipped your arms around the taller males waist. "I missed you too Spence," you whispered and smiled widely at the kiss on your head. You pulled back and looked up at him "I made dinner," you said leading him to the kitchen.
Spencer looked at the set table before looking down at you "You are amazing," he said and kissed you gently before pulling the chair out for you to sit down.
You thanked him quietly as you sat them watched him take his seat before starting to eat. "How was the case?" You asked softly glancing up and catching his eye for a moment before looking back at your food.
"It was.. a case. We caught the guy saved a victim but many had to die for that to happen," he said shaking his head slightly.
You reached out and squeezed his hand gently giving him a compassionate look. Once you both finished eating, you did the dishes then went and sat on the couch with Spencer. You turned on a random movie and curled into his side happily. You were so happy he was home. It was the best feeling to be in his arms again after so long.
You both ended up falling asleep on the couch after the second movie. This happened a lot. You would be too comfortable to move so you would just curl up together and fall asleep.
Dating Spencer wasn't always the easiest thing, with all his random facts and rambling and his distaste for human contact, but you loved him and you knew he loved you so you both made it work.