The Man

Today a man asked me why my hair is colored blue. 

"What do you do carnival?", he asked.

First I laughed, because I didn't knew that he meant it  pejoratively.

But after that I understood fast.

He told me that  the society is foolish. That humans don't have a opinion and just repeat what television and internet are saying. 

Of course he is right. Many people do that.

"But no opinion is also a opinion.", I responded.

Silence.

He said: "If a look at you and your friends I see your inmosts. Your body is a mirror of your lifestyle and your soul."

With his dirty hand he pointed at my friend.

"For example you: I see you and I know you are ful of cola, crisps and chocolate."

What was he talking about? Because for me she was a perfect human being. I didn't understand. But she did.

Corpulence.

I was speechless.

I never met a person who showed his superficiality that open.

In his eyes I was I clown.  Not an individual, but just doing what everyone else was doing.

Nobody is acting like an individual. They should. He said. But he had the opinion that homosexuales are bum fuckers, that my hair is the result of peer pressure and that my friends body is result of her way to live.

When tha man said that he wanted individuality for the world he meant he wanted everything to be uniform.

In the end he told us:

"I don't mean it. I don't dislike you. I just care for you and I say it out loud."

I wasn't angry at the man although he hurt me.

After this conversation I had to laugh.

But I wanted to cry.

Somehow I was grateful, because he said it into our face instead of blashpheme behind our backs. Another part of me regretted it.

And now I'm asking my self.

What is individuality? 

Did this man care to much or didn't he care at all?

Why do I feel so insecure about me right now?

Tell me

.

Diary Entry 1