Investigation!

~Fairy Tail~
A team from Fairy Tail chose decided to carry out an investigation on where Lucy went, since they wanted to ensure she was safe. 

The investigation was only decided upon because Wendy and Laxus decided to vote on searching. That meant the majority of the guild wanted to find Lucy, even if the majority was only ahead by two people.
They arrived at Lucy's apartment, and realized the entire apartment was empty.

They looked around and saw that there were claw marks and dents in the walls, all of which were new. They were even more shocked when they saw how messy it was.
Lucy was never messy.
They notified the Land Lady, and she seemed shocked. Not angry, but worried. Now the guild was worried Lucy may have hurt herself.. Or that someone else had hurt her.

~~~~
After the investigation, the searching team returned to the guild to share their findings. Makarov seemed concerned, but didn't share much of his thoughts. There was one thing that was obvious, though. The guild is no longer the same without Lucy.
Even though they know she chose to leave, they also know that, they hurt her. They hurt their own family. They left her alone, for so long. They are the reason she's gone, and that hurts them everyday. Even Gajeel, and Laxus.
What used to be a party guild, had become a solemn guild.
Some of them already accepted that Lucy will be gone, maybe forever. This was hard to swallow, but they had to accept it. Otherwise, they will never get past the pain caused by the departure of their dear friend. Speaking of getting over things, Natsu is falling behind in that category.
He can't accept she's gone. She was his best friend.. He doesn't understand how his friends have already made steps to move on!
She is out there, and she needs to be found!
Natsu thought that if he talked to her, he could persuade her to come back to the guild.
Though, he had no idea how he would persuade her.
The guild didn't even call off the S-Class trials, which really irritated Natsu.
The S-Class trials is happening is two months, and no one is bothered besides him!
When Fairy Tail approached the public about her disappearance, they didn't get the response they wanted, nor expected. People accused Lucy of running off with someone rich, so she could live a lavish lifestyle without the bad reputation.
The guild tried their best to fight these rumors, but a rumor is like a plague, it spreads, and spreads.
It was saddening, because they remembered that they were the ones who caused the rumors. The public had free speech, and could say whatever they wanted.
Even if this was the case, Lucy would never do it just for herself. Lucy was selfless, and would always have a second motive besides personal gain. Her true friends knew that about her. The people who didn't know Lucy personally had no right to judge her, after all, they never truly knew her!
How could they know her motivations if they didn't even know her!

~~~~~L~~~~~
The blue book. I read it, as well as hundred of others.
For the past months or so I've been living in Crocus, I've been working out, reading, and then making occasional trips to the store.

I've had a lot of time to better myself.

I learned so much, that I would have never known!
Second origin, magic attacks, defenses, healing spells! Even a spell to summon a big fluffy cloud to drive you around! But the blue book contained something much more enticing..
It promised three trials, each of which testing you. Each trial, you would be rewarded if you could escape. And at the end, you'd be given magic completely unique to you. A magic no one else has. A magic no one else can have..
It was such a good deal, or so I thought. I barely wasted time deliberating, I was excited to try this! I ate before I prepared to enter the trials. It was supposed to be like sleeping, so I wasn't worried at all.
After I ate, I crawled into bed and read the incantation in my head. I put the book down by my side and laid my hands on my chest.
I chanted the incantation I had memorized from inside the book, and was instantly knocked out.

~~~~~~~
Lucy did not read all of the sleep spell.
The spell Lucy used is a horrible one.
It puts the user through three trials.
The first trial is the easiest, and teachers the user perseverance, and to be grateful and hopeful.
It also gives the user their wings. Figuratively and Physically.
These are wings are placed on the users backs. The user will get more advanced wings based on how they accomplished the trial.
The wings will also look different based on the users magic.
It will then move on to the second trial, which teaches the user to expect the unexpected, and keep calm. It teaches them how to deal with absolute oddities. It's easier than the third, and works to prepare them for the horrors that await.
It will gift them a calming aura, and a weapon to help them in the next trial..
And finally, the third trial.
This is the worst among them, and is nothing like the others.
This test combines the users greatest fears, and uses them against the user. It creates an environment all new, decked in horrible things.
The trial expands every time the user begins to fear something, until they no longer tremble at the thought of their fears.
This trial usually ends up breaking the user, but if they pass it, they could become a power without equal.
This trial gives the user brute strength, And Magic capacity.
If the user completes all with passing scores, they will be given one last reward.
The user will also receive an emblem if they manage to pass the trials.

These trials test the wizard in them to their absolute limits, physically and mentally.