chapter 19

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the efficient said. I could not stop smiling. "You may now kiss the bride." Before he could even finish his sentence Boston's lips were on mine.

I cannot believe we actually just did that. We actually went to the courthouse and got married. Married. I'm a wife. Boston is my husband. How did we go from best friends, to dating, to upcoming parents, to husband and wife in the span of three and a half months?

Maria was crying as she took pictures of us. When we got home that night she made us wait until the next day to get married. And made me wear a simple white dress. She said I had to be dressed for the occasion at least. "I can't believe you're m-married," she sobbed.

"I can't either," Boston smiled down at me. He tucked my hair behind my ear and kissed me again. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Boston's POV

This beautiful redhead asleep on my chest right now is my wife. Wife. The thought scared me out of my mind. And we were going to be parents in seven months. Parents.

Walking the halls at school hand in hand with my wife was the weirdest thing ever. She couldn't stop smiling and for that I just laughed at her.

I needed to talk to someone about this. I don't know who to talk to because Red was my best friend, usually I would just talk to her.

"So what's been going on with you?" Steven asked me in gym. He was my partner for sit-ups. I guess I could tell him. We were sorta close.

"So much shit man," I shook my head.

"How's the shoulder?"

"Better. A lot better."

"That's good. What about Scarlett, y'all still together?"

I took a deep breath. Should I tell him? Was Red telling people? "About that. We sort of, got married."

His eyes went wide. "What the fuck?" he shouted. "You got fucking married? No fucking way! Dude what the fuck, you're still in high school! Wait, is she pregnant?" I nodded slowly. "Fuck man!"

"It's not that. I really love her," as I said that his eyes went wide.

"You don't even date!"

"But you know i've always liked her. She's different," his look softened and he nodded. "I've been needing to talk to someone about this other than my fucking mom."

"So what the fuck? Start from the beginning."

"Okay so around four months ago Red's mom left, for reasons i'm not gonna get into," he nodded. "And she moved in with me. Then as you know we starting dating," he continued to nod. "Then she got pregnant," he winced. "Then I got shot and we decided that life was too short so we got married."

"What the actual fuck," he breathed. It wasn't a question so much as he was just in shock. "So like you seriously love her?" I nodded. "What the fuck?"

"I know," I sighed. "My dad came back too."

His eyes went wide. "What the fuck?! Why haven't you told me any of this shit?" he shoved me.