Chapter Six: A Party and a Flirty Black

The next morning was chaotic. Percy was searching through her closet for the perfect outfit. She struggled through dresses and threw them across the room if they didn't fit her expectations. This happened every year. She usually didn't bother with dresses much, but Salazar's birthday was a special day.

"Late! I can't be late!" Percy growled and flung the horrid red dress at her lamp.

Unfortunately having a wolf animagus meant a shorter temper.

"How about the blue one over there?"

Percy swung around, sword in hand. She looked wildly around.

"Show yourself!"

There was a moment of silence before an answer.

"You are a speaker?"

Percy stared at the snake in shock. It talked...

Percy stared at the snake for a second before realization set in.

Parseltongue. Ugh, she felt so foolish. She completely forgot about that part. Well it has been years since that was brought up, so who could blame her.

What a seaweed brain.

A bitter-sweet feeling rang through her being. Percy shook her head. She couldn't let herself get sucked into the memories. She would move on.

"Yes, I am a speaker," Percy hissed. "Your master is the same."

"Hmm, it's surprising that there are so many parseltongues in one place. This area of the world doesn't seem to have any."

"I'm pretty sure your master's father is also parseltongue. It's an inherited trait, I think."

Percy then placed the snake in the cage and put a green bow on it.

"I do believe the blue dress would suit you well," the snake suggested.

Percy looked at the dress at the back of the wardrobe and smiled. It was perfect. The blue color and simple style suited her tastes perfectly. It had sleeves that got bigger at the end so it hung on her arms.

The dress hugged her figure perfectly.

Percy smiled. It made her feel pretty, but would Salazar like it?

She shook her head. When did she start caring about that? It made her feel beautiful and nobody elses opinion mattered.

Percy grabbed the snake's cage and shrunk it so she could put it in her hidden pocket in the dress.

The manor was huge with architecture that Anthony would have loved. The magic touches made it even more unique. The garden looked even more exotic with magical plants.

Magic would never get old.

Percy weaved through the crowded hallways. There were many purebloods in this time. They dwindled a great deal by the time Percy was born. She never did get why purebloods could be so ignorant. It was obvious that inbreeding and having one kid in each family would eventually have purebloods extinct. They should have probably introduced some foreign purebloods into their family. She guessed that was their problem.

Percy searched the crowd for her friends.

She was relieved when she found them sitting at the large table with their families. Percy smiled as she watched Helga smiling and having a good time with her mother. It's been so long since she saw her own mother.

What would her mother think of her life now? The demigod didn't let the deaths and war define the rest of her life as it would have had she stayed at Camp Halfblood. She hoped her mother would be proud.