The Story

(Recap)/ Crappy chapter

Kiku's POV

"Okay, i'rr terr you".

"Go a-right ahead", Sadik said.

~¤~¤~¤~¤ Flashback ¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~

In the warm, turquoise waters of the Mediterranean sea two mermen, a koi and a siren, swam aimlessly in the watery abyss. The prince, Feliciano, wanted to explore the surface of the sea than to explore the outcrop of his soon to be ruled kingdom, as advised. He brought along his trusty friend and companion, Kiku.

"Come-a on-a I want to-a see the surface world-a!" A bubbly siren yelled.

"B-but, your grandfather wirr kirr you, and Yao wirr kirr me if we breach the surface Feri-kun" I yelled back.

"Come-a on! Kiku, please with-a seaweed on top." Feliciano pleaded with puppy eyes.

Those puppy eyes could make a shark obey him, literally.

I sighed and gave in. I swear those eyes are going to be the death of me. (A/n: Oh, if ya only knew Kiku)

"Fine Feri-kun, just for a minute."

"Yay! Grazie!"

◇◆◇◆◇While on the surface ◆◇◆◇◆

"Hahaheh, we've got a good catch today, boys!"

"Aye! But two or three more merfolk wouldn't hurt, would it?"

"Nay, not at all. So what are ye standin' there for? Get the nets ready again!"

"Aye captain!" All said in unison.

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲ Back below ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

"I'm-a so excited, Kiku! Seeing the-a surface and-a all, I-a mean who-a wouldn't! We-a get to see the-a fluffy things in-a the air, I think they call it... the Sky." Feliciano chatted excitedly.

"Hai Feri-kun, just wait up I'm not as fast as you!"

"Is it because you're an old man?" Feliciano joked.

"N-nani?! I'm not an old man, you're a Siren and you know furry werr that I'm a koi!"

"Ve~ slipped my mind."

As Feliciano giggled, I was about to explode until he asked a very curious question.

"Ve~, Kiku why-a do-a merfolk with blowholes need to breach the surface? I-a mean they-a have gills right, and-a they-a are allowed to-a breach the-a surface right-a."

I was still a little agitated from before, but it also intrigued me as well. But before I could answer, a grand shadow appeared right over our heads.

"Ve~! Kiku what-a is-a that?!" Feliciano exclaimed.

"I have no crue", I said bluntly.

"Than let's-a make friends with-a it!"

"Wait! Fericiano, we don't know if it's hostire or not!"

My instincts went on high and the adrenaline started coursing through my veins from the great shadow above us. Of course, Feliciano didn't take heed and continued to swim forth.

I managed to grab the fin of his tail and pull him down.

"Fericiano! I'm not joking aroundo, what if it is hostire! Do you want the same thing too happen to you, like your Brother!"

I knew I went to far, because I saw tears in his eyes. I felt bad for bringing such a painful subject.

"Sorry feri-kun, my temper got out of contror―"