23: Every Rule I Had You Breakin'.

Friday morning brought little relief for any of them.

Kurt was dumpstered on his way across the parking lot. Mercedes was tripped by Santana, falling flat on her face as around her the student body laughed. Artie's chair was chained to the railings outside of school, the key tauntingly left in the padlock just out of his reach. And Tina was TP'd on her way up the front steps, showing up in first period still pulling white toilet paper from her hair and clothes.

Rachel was the only one of Team-Berry that made it through the doors unscathed, which naturally made her suspicious. So she just laughed when she saw the note taped to her locker.

OUT OF ORDER!

Do not open.

Seriously? After all of Quinn's big words this was the best she'd been able to think of? It would have been more inventive to glue it shut as they had Mercedes' the day before. Shaking her head in pity, because did Quinn honestly believe that putting a fake janitorial sign on her locker would be enough to make her forgo the books she needed for the day, Rachel twisted the combination lock and pulled the door wide with a confident flourish.

Everything went multi-colored.

She closed her eyes just in time to feel the glitter-bomb paint her entire face in tiny particles and (she was sure) avoid permanent blindness. Gasping in surprise as she staggered back a step, she sucked in an unhealthy amount of the exploding glitter (was any amount healthy?) and as loathe as she was to spit anywhere outside of the dentist chair and the bathroom sink, the pwahhh as she expelled the glitter from her throat was totally unavoidable.

That had her more annoyed than the locker violation itself, until her eyes blinked warily open and she caught sight of her face in the small compact mirror fixed inside the door.

Her face and throat were entirely rainbow colored and she . . . she sparkled!

She looked like an exotic bird, resplendent in multihued plumage.

In short, she looked, awesome!

There must have been some glue mixed in with the glitter because it didn't fall from her face as she moved closer to the mirror, but she didn't lift her finger to check, not wanting to leave an unsightly clean stripe in its place.

Her eye caught the note propped up on her books next.

I did warn you not to open it, Gnome ;)

Laughing, she pushed the note to the back of her locker and gathered the books she needed into her bag and then she took out her phone and snapped a picture of her face. Only then did she decide, reluctantly, that she should probably try and wash it off before class.

She received some strange looks and a lot of laughter on the way to the bathroom but she'd take being glitter-bombed over being tripped, dumpstered, chained to something or TP'd any day of the week.

Besides, it wasn't like she hadn't had a productive morning herself.

It had been a routine for a few weeks now. Every Thursday Quinn left four of the five handkerchiefs in Rachel's locker and Friday morning Rachel would find a way to hand them back, freshly laundered, before first period.

Even for the week or so that they hadn't been talking, the routine had continued. It was one of the few constants in Quinn's life at the moment, and possibly the most important one considering without them her nausea was given free rein to plague every hour of her day.

She wasn't so sure she could count on it this morning. Not after everything that had happened yesterday, and even though she had watched Berry receive her glitter treat (and it had been so much more effective than she'd expected it to be! She had to remember to thank Puck for telling her how to rig it up) and seen her smile about it! she doubted Rachel was in the mood to do her any favors.