VIII

"I love how our first date turned out to be us playing cards with Joe," I laughed as Barry shuffled the cards once more.

"I think the bar and karaoke was our first date," Barry told me, putting the stack of cards at the center of the table.

"It was not," I quickly said, "and the only reason it wasn't is because you picked up another girl there!"

"Oh, right," Barry realized before we both began laughing as we remembered that night as best we could.

I was winning at poker. Barry would be so mad if he found out I was gambling but, in my defense, I'm trying to get closer to the guy playing against me. This guy had the same tattoo we had found in the police records that were associated with the gang that supposedly took our friends.

I knew it was time to stop when he gave me a flirty wink. I smirked right back and took the money I had won on my way to the bar. I heard laughter behind me signaling that he would be joining me any moment.

"Hey, cutie, want to get out of here?" He asked with a seductive tone in his voice.

"Sure," I giggled.

I stood up from the bar stool and allowed him to guide me out through the door I came in from. His friends cheered him on behind me but their hollars were masked by the door once it closed behind us. He guided me to his car. I began to get worried once he opened the door that Barry wouldn't come.

Just as I was about to get in the car the sound of wind struck my ears. I smiled as I saw him in the crimson red suit before me. It was quite the deja vu moment.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" The guy asked, obviously not intimidated by Barry.

"Aren't you supposed to be married?" Barry rebutted.

I made a mental note to congratulate him on that rebuttal later.

With ease, the guy held up a gun to my temple. I winced slightly at the touch of the metal. With one slight movement of the guy's finger, I could lose my life and that terrified me.

"Leave her out of this," Barry said carefully.

He repositioned the gun and but kept his finger on the trigger. I could see Barry breathing at a quick pace.

"Tell me where my friends are and let her go and I'll let you go free and I won't bother you," Barry tried to bargain but the snicker from the gang member told me he wasn't going for it.

I think Barry got the hint too because within seconds I was back at STAR Labs in the pipeline with Barry by my side as we stared at the man inside a cell we used for metahumans years ago.

"Where are our friends?" Barry asked the man once again.

The man smirked and crossed his arms. He clearly wasn't saying anything anytime soon.

"Look, we'll let you go if you tell us," Barry sighed.

"Not going to happen," The man shrugged.

Barry eventually closed the entrance to the cell block and took off his mask. I kissed him softly, thankful to be safe in his arms.

"What was that for?" Barry asked as I rested my head on his chest.

"For saving me," I smiled.

"You never need to thank me for saving your life," Barry told me.

"Let's go find our friends," I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the pipeline.

572