Chapter 37

“Tori, you idiot!” Claire suddenly shouted. “Get off of me!”

“No!” Tori squeezed Claire even harder. “That crazy old bastard’s going to kill you! I’ll sacrifice myself, so run away while you still can!”

“How the hell am I supposed to run away when you’re holding me so tightly?” she said with annoyance before she shoved Tori off of her. But Claire had no intention of running away. “What are you doing? You completely ruined the mood! I was just about to make him snap!”

“He already snapped, you dumbass! He probably snapped before he came into the room! Do you know what he had in mind when he stepped into this office? He was going to kill you!”

Claire glared at Tori. “I knew I shouldn’t have let you sit under the desk and listen! You always cause problems when you’re trying to have fun!”

Logan watched with wide eyes as the two girls continued to argue back and forth. The cold emotions he felt just a few seconds ago had disappeared, replaced by shock and confusion. What just happened?

“Fuck you!” Tori shouted and Logan took note that Tori Jones was still as vulgar as ever. “I’m trying to save your ass, bitch!”

“Shut up and get out!” Claire shouted right back. “Do you really think an old guy like Logan could take me on?”

Claire had completely overlooked the fact that Logan had broken a piece of her desk—barehanded. Maybe he should’ve emphasized on that more before he stabbed the pen into her desk.

Logan looked at it and saw that it had indented into the wooden desk and was standing by itself. At the same time, the wood became stained with black ink. He must’ve broken the pen as well.

“How could you want to be left alone with a psychopath? He’s going to kill you the moment I leave and hide the evidence!”

“What are you two talking about?” Logan asked in a level tone.

The sound of his voice caused Tori to stiffen before she glared at him. Then she wrapped her arms around Claire again in a protective hug. “Stay away from us! I’m calling the police! I’m serious! Don’t think I won’t!”

He raised a heavy brow. “For what?”

Tori gasped and immediately pointed an accusing finger at Logan. “Do you see that?” she shouted at Claire. “He’s acting clueless now! That bastard’s definitely psychotic!”

Claire gave up on resisting her friend and just sighed and sagged in her chair.

“Claire.” Logan said and she looked up at him. The fear in her eyes was gone and she looked as she normally did. “What’s going on?”

To his surprise, she rolled her eyes and muttered, “There’s no way I can cover this up.” Then she spoke up. “Our game is over.”