chapter 2

[Mary]

After class, I stomp out of the lecture hall, thinking to myself where the hell is Peter Parker?! Unfortunately for him, I still used his notebook for any notes. I fumbled through the pages and read his messy handwritings. They were full of words and equations that didn't make sense, even for me!

Walking towards the cafe, I decided some caffeine would either soothe me after this long day or just fuel me with more anger. No harm in trying ? The line was of long length and everybody kept complaining about how 'the new guy didn't know what he was doing'. As I work my way up the front of the line I notice the boy looks familiar. However I couldn't quite place where I knew him from; then whom I presume to be the manager shouts "Parker! Cant handle the register huh?"

The gears in my head click, Peter Parker. Oh this day is really just something.  "Well maybe if there was somebody else to help me out here..." trails off Peter.

"Well too bad! We're understaffed. " Replied the man from before. Finally, I'm next in line and as my eyes lock with Peter's, he slightly blushes. "Peter! How's it going there, bud?" I say with a smirk on my face.

"Late!" he exclaims with a smile, taking me off guard.

"Late?" I ask.
"Late. "
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Well this morning, I said 'I'm Peter Parker' and you said 'I'm late.'"

"Hey, if you guys are just gonna talk..." I hear from behind me. I roll my eyes, "can i have a cappuccino?" i decide.

"Coming right up!"
It's obvious to tell as Peter works the machines that he really is the new guy. He fumbles throughout the kitchen and seems to be completely lost. I think for a moment, and then slip past the confused boy to the back of the kitchen.

"Oi!" I holler.
"Parker, it's not hard to steam the milk, if I have to get up and do it myself again...." The grumpy manager starts. He gets up and stops in his tracks when he sees me.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be back here!" He snaps.

"And you're horribly understaffed with a boy who looks like he has no idea what he's doing" I hiss back.

"Tell me something i don't know "  says the manager who's name reads Dan. We stand there for a moment in silence, he then looks at me. "Was there a point in you coming here or you just here to complain?"

"How's your pay?" i ask.
"What?"
"How much do you pay?"
"$10.75 an hour. Why?"
"What about hours?"
Dan looks outside at Peter who's wincing at the hot contents he's working with. He sighs and looks at me. "Whenever you want, just help the kid."

Dan hands me an application and tells me about the training progress, after I leave and grab my coffee which has the name Late written across it.

"Hey Parker!" I bark.
He looks up at me, looks at the now barren cafe , and walks over to me. "Yea?" he says.
"I want my stuff back" i say.
He looks puzzled, "what do you mean?"
"I mean, this morning... when you bumped into me. You kind of grabbed like 3 of my books and i got your notebook." I say holding it in my hand.

"Oh crap!" He says, looking around, "well my bags in my dorm, but I get out at 7Pm, if you want to stop by and pick up your stuff."

I look at him, actually taking in his features this time. He has brown, somewhat curly hair, chocolate eyes, and he's quite fit. He's actually kinda cute i think. "Well Peter, I usually let a guy take me to dinner first before I go back to his place," I say sarcastically. His cheeks go rosy red and he looks down, and I laugh. "But maybe just this once," I say with a smile. He looks up and smiles slightly. Really cute, I think again.

"Well I best be off and leave you back to your work." I say grabbing my belongings, heading for the door. "Room 4B on the third floor" he says. He looks at me again, "Wait!" he says.

I look at Peter and nod, "If you're gonna be coming around to my place, don't you think I deserve your name at least?" Peter says hesitantly.

"Mary, Mary Jane Watson."
He shakes his head,"too long... mmm... how's MJ?"

I smile, "Bye Peter, see you at 7." I say, closing the door behind me.

.
A/N: ehhhh slightly better, no? next one will be longer than this (i'm working on it). what are your thoughts so far on it?