35

Chapter ThirtyFive- "I'm going to make you my wife."

"Yes. That." I confirmed, my tone full of seriousness.

"Just some family photos and that." She shrugged me off, stalking towards the living room.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that." I stated firmly. She was lying. Her hand was at the back of her neck. Whenever she lied or felt uncomfortable she'd rub the back of her neck. I'd always noticed this, but only recently had I realised why she did it.

"Are you insinuating that I'm lying?" She smirked popping open a bottle of wine and setting about pouring two glasses.

"Maybe." I feigned disinterest. But it was evident I was most definitely interested.

"Have you been going through my drawers?" She spun around on her heel, eyebrows raised. I struggled to maintain eye contact with those big green puddles.

"Oh no Miss Cornish. Don't you dare turn this around on me." I scolded, as she passed me a glass. I took a quick swig and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand in a very unladylike manor.

"Well you must've been to unearth that." She went a step further and downed the entire contents of her glass. "It's honestly nothing." She blew her lips up before slumping into the sofa and burying her face in a pillow.

"Then why won't you tell me what's inside it." I scowled down at her. "No secrets. That's what you said." I snorted, consuming the remains of my wine.

"Well you're keeping secrets. Aren't you?" Her head suddenly shot up, those emerald greens turning a vicious shade. "I have CCTV chlo. So don't even bother." She sighed. I wasn't sure what to say. What could I say? She'd caught me red handed. "How dare you accuse me of lying!" She suddenly screeched, hauling the cushion in my direction. I quickly swerved, narrowly missing it.

"What's wrong? Suddenly lost your voice?" Jessie smirked, reaching for another cushion. I stood back, prepared for another round of dodge the cushion.

I decided to turn it around on her- just as she'd done to me. "Were you spying on me then?" I blurted. It took all my strength not to throw the cushion back. Why else would she have been watching CCTV as though it was an episode of 'The Only Way Is Essex.'

"Don't be so pathetic." She scoffed, reaching for the wine. This time she drank from the bottle. What happened to T-total Jessie? "I have a guy who watches 24/7. He saw it all and simply reported back to me."

"Who is he then? Ex-boyfriend?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Jessie you know I'm gay." I couldn't believe she'd suggest such a stupid thing. She didn't appear satisfied with my answer. "He's my brother." I told her.

"What?" Her jaw dropped and she immediately sat up straight.

"My brother. He found us. I didn't know how to tell you. I'm sorry." I was blunt, but honest.

"Shit, baby. I'm sorry, I-You should've just said!" Her hands flew around in exasperation. I felt just as exasperated.

"What have the police said?" She asked. She clearly recognised the confused expression plastered across my face as she decided to elaborate. "I presume you've called the police? This is harassment!"

"You don't know the half of it." I shook my head in dismay and slumped down beside her. "He was in the garden, early this morning. He was watching the house." My hands began to massage my temples. I could feel a migraine brewing.

"I don't understand how he got past the gates?" I was just as confused.

"He must know the code." I suggested.