•Three•

The 'institute' as Jace had called it, was basically a church hidden in glamour which was actually a base for many Shadowhunters. Aiden had been taken inside, finding it to be completely filled with technology and roaming shadowhunters.
She felt completely out of place, standing awkwardly with Lola at her side as the three Shadowhunters waltzed inside.

It was nothing like a werewolves den, probably because the institute actually belonged where it was and Gracie's youth club was just some place she had found on the whim to settle down in. That reminded her...Gracie!
Her gaze slipped back to the door behind her, hesitantly looking at the door handle which would lead her out of the institute and back onto the streets of New York. She itched to run though it and leave.

Aiden was just about to consider her thoughts and make a run for it when Jace made his way towards her and directly passed her.

"Institutes that way"he smirked, pointing forwards and info the tech room which she faced as he latched onto the door and opened it.

"Where are you going?" She stiffly questioned, not even turning to look at him as he stepped out of the institute.

"To fetch that spunky red haired chick" Jace replied, the door shutting behind him as Aiden called out;

"She's strawberry blonde!"

Certain people looked over at Aiden and stared to which she just sighed before finally properly stepping into the institute. Lola stepped in time with her, head held high as she looked around at the foreign base in wonder. This was new...and different.
All eyes were on her now, and Aiden felt incredibly out of place and uncomfortable in her own skin. It was unnerving.

She ran her tongue nervously over her bottom lip, eyes wavering as they drank in every detail of the institute and its people. This was what Gracie believed she was? This was what sort of life style she believed her to lead? Was it though?
Aiden could only guess, but she hoped these people would be able to tell her.

Walking up to the two from earlier, they looked to her as she stared at them with apprehension. Lola, strangely enough, settled down happily by the males feet and began to snore as sleep instantly took her. Only then did Aiden realise, she didn't know there names and they seemed to also notice that as the female introduced herself.

"Isabelle Lightwood, but you can just call me Izzy. This here is my big brother Alec" she grinned, holding out her hand that Aiden took with a small smile.

"Aiden" the fiery haired teen nodded, releasing Izzy's grip and dropping her hand limply at her side.

"Just Aiden?" Izzy questioned sceptically, leaning against the desktop. "No last name?"

Aiden furrowed her brows in confusion, wringing her hands together anxiously as she looked to the Shadowhunter who awaited some form of an answer. Aiden stumbled over her words.

"I-uh...no," she stuttered out. "I don't ever remember having a last name, it's just Aiden"

"Can we just focus on the fact that she's not supposed to be here? Mundanes aren't allowed inside the institute" Alec stated with a scowl, but it was hard for Aiden to take him seriously when Lola was passed out atop of his feet and slobbering all over his boots. Was actually a rather cute sight if Aiden was to admit.

"For the last time, I'm not a mundane!" Aiden yelled out in irritation, which was followed closely by Lola awaking and barking loudly.

Alec had jumped back slightly in surprise and Izzy had just turned to shoot a disappointed glare her Brother way as Aiden span on her heel and began to walk towards the exit of the institute.

"Lola, come!" She beckoned, stalking off with her trusted companion at her side.
Her hand latched onto the door handle, swinging it open as she stepped out into the night air and slamming it closed before her.

Aiden made it through the churches gates and was just about to start heading in the direction of the den when suddenly a sharp voice made her freeze.

"Where do you think you're going?" It was Jace, and he looked rather pissed at seeing her outside of the institute without no supervision as he held the passed out strawberry blonde in his arms.

"Anywhere but here!" She spat, fiery eyes glaring into the blondes as he narrowed his own in her direction.

"Look, just get inside. I can't be dealing with this right now. As you can see, I physically and metaphorically have my arms full"

"Well then, I guess getting rid of me will do you some good. I'm leaving" Aiden harshly stated, walking past Jace with Lola trotting ahead, happy to be outside and get some fresh air.

"You wanna find out what you are don't you? Well walking away won't help, but being here will. We can help you find out what you are"

She froze in her steps, looking up at the night sky and heaving a heavy breathe whilst rolling her eyes. Jace had allowed a smirk to fill his face, already knowing that he had managed to convince her.

"Fine, but once we've figured it out...I'm gone"

And she stormed back inside the institute.