Chapter 1: A Chance Encounter

It was a beautiful sunny morning in Octo Canyon! Birds were chirping, ink was glistening in the sunlight. Life couldn't be better for the Octarians. IF it wasn't for Agents 3 and 4 quickly barreling through Octarian troops.

Agent 3: 4! On your left!

Agent 4: Got it!

Agent 4 took a hard left, having her Hero Charger ready to fire. With only a few quick shots, she took out 5 troops. As she darted forward she ran head-first into an Octoling!

Agent 4: AAHH!

???: WAAHH!

Agent 4 and the Octoling collapsed onto the floor.

???: PLEASE DON'T SPLAT ME!

The Octoling cried out as Agent 4 was getting up.

Agent 4: (Man, what's up with her?)

The Octoling started crawling away. Agent 4 picked up her Hero Charger.

Agent 3: 4! Where are you?!

Agent 4 perked up!

Agent 4: Coming 3!

Agent 4 ran through the battlefield and up towards Agent 3. He had the Zapfish tucked under his arm.

Agent 3: What took you so long?

Agent 4: Ran into an Octoling.

Agent 3: Oh. Did you splat her?

Agent 4: N-No. She got away.

Agent 4: *Sigh* Well, it doesn't matter now that we got the Zapfish. Let's get back to Marie.

Agents 3 and 4 super jumped back to Marie. Agent 3 handed the Zapfish over to her.

Marie: Good work you two! If you keep this up, we'll have the Great Zapfish back in no time!

Agent 3: Thanks Marie.

Agent 3 turns towards Agent 4 and puts his hand on her shoulder.

Agent 4: Hm?

Agent 3: Your getting better. When you started, you kept falling flat on your face after every super jump.

Agent 3 laughed as Marie tried her best to not laugh.

Agent 4: Oh. Ha. Ha. I remember when you got stuck in Octarian ink and started begging me to pull you out.

Agent 4 smiled as Agent 3 stopped laughing.

Marie: Ohhhh....

Agent 3: Alright! I'm leaving!

Agent 3 took of his Hero Gear, handed it to Marie and jumped into the sewer drain that led back to Inkopolis Square.

Agent 4: Heh. Soo, Marie.

Marie: Yeah?

Agent 4: Do you think it's possible for the Octarians to be our friends ever again?

Marie: *Sigh* I'm not sure Rachel. The Octarians haven't shown any signs of sharing and wanting peace for over 100 years. We'll just have to focus on getting the Great Zapfish back. But, maybe, just maybe... *Sigh* Nevermind, it's a dumb thought. Just hand me your Hero Gear and enjoy the rest of your day.

Agent 4: Alright. But can you promise me, we'll at least try to talk to them.

Marie: Ok. I promise.

Agent 4: Thanks.

Agent 4 finished removing her Hero Gear and handed it to Marie. She walked over and hoped into the sewer drain. She flew out the other end of the drain and landed perfectly on her feet.

Rachel: (Alright, time for some Turf Wars!)

End of Chapter 1