chapter five

Itachi's P.O.V

Five days.. Five days, Sakura has been unconscious. We knew she'd been deprived of chakra and the trauma of what could have happened probably stressed her body out even more.. But five days? It was unreal and I was growing restless. Shisui and I walked toward the all to fimiliar beige door only to find a small crowd. We recognized all of the faces. My brother, Naruto, the Yamanaka girl, Kizashi, and off in the corner stood Jiraiya, the Hokage and my father. Why was he here?

"Anything new?" Asked Shisui with a serious tone. They only shook their heads no and waited. "Tsunade-baachan is in there giving her a bath so we had to wait. Dattebayo." The thought of the great sannin bathing another human being seemed strange, as if reading my mind Jiraiya spoke. "Funny isn't it? She could have any other medic do it but she chooses to protect and care for her disciple on her own. She hasn't changed much, still nurturing." We waited in silence until the door opened wide.

"She's still unconscious, if she should happen to wake up make sure to give her space, she may--" she was cut off by the sound of groaning behind her. Everyone rushed passed her, ignoring her but lingered by the door still. "I-tachi-kun.." It was hard to hear but it was there. My name, what do I do? "She seems to be waking up. You should be next to her when she does. Go!" Said Ino as Shisui shoved me. I turned back toward the group, only to receive glares from Naruto and Sasuke. Slowly I sat on the bed and looked down at Sakura. Her eyes fluttered open and landed on me. "Itachi-kun, what happened? Shisui!!" She sat straight up only to be stricken with pain and fell back down. "You idiot, you have four cracked ribes and a stab wound in your gut. You can't just sit up like that!" When she heard Tsunade's voice she looked around, her eyes landing on each person before she caught glimps on Shisui. "I'm alive Sakura-chan no worries. We were more concerned with you." She sighed in relief. "How long have I been here?" She asked full attention on me. Mine was directed at her as well. "You've been out for five days." Said Naruto.

"Hime.." She looked away from me only to look up at her father standing right next to us. I moved away allowing him to collapse into a tight embrace around her. "Sakura-chan, I'm so sorry this happened to you.. aishiteimasu." The show of affection caused all but the Uchiha in the room to smile. It probably made us uncomfortable, though I'm sure deep down we felt the man's hurt. "Papa, I'm okay. Itachi and Shisui saved me before...." She stopped. She couldn't even say the words. Her eyes sealing shut. "It's okay Sakura, you don't have to discuss it." Ino said placing a hand on her best friend's shoulder. When had she gotten so close?

"Actually, I'm afraid we do need a word with her.. While it's still fresh in her mind. Fagaku, Itachi, Shisui, Tsunade-sama, jiraiya-sensei, please stay.. Everyone else you are dismissed." They all did as asked, even Kizashi. I'm sure his absence was only to spare him any gruesome details. But before he exited he spoke, "Thank you for keeping your promise. Shisui, Itachi." Once everyone left Minato spoke, "Sakura-chan, I need you to tell us everything you remember." She nodded, "We were on our way home. Taking the usual route from the palace and we were ambushed. We fought them off. As far as I could tell they were rouge and had no direct affiliation with one of the hidden villages. We were able to kill four before they seperated me from Itachi and Shisui. Shisui sustained a terrible wound resulted in severe blood loss. I was stabbed and Itachi was badly injuried as well. Our best hope was to trap them. My chakra was incredibly low so I knew it wouldn't last long. Forming the hand signs necessary for quicksand I placed my hands on the ground but it wasn't quicksand. It was.." She paused as if she was trying to considered the truth. "Go on." Minato insisted. "Well, you're not going to believe it but I think I used wood release. I'm not totally sure how. It shouldn't be possible I know but it happened. My chakra natures are water and earth but I've never been able to combine the two like the  Shodai did. Until that moment."