Chapter Eight

Itachi's P.O.V

Sakura had done extremely well over the course of the month of April and continued to progress. She was beginning to learn some secret jutsu known only to the First, which I know not of. This part of the training was conducted under Tsunade. Rightly so, as they were her grandfather's secret. She was long since finished with Tenzo and the leave granted to Shisui, Naruto and I was up. It was harder to see her and I felt a new sensation, one I thought could only be insanity. Without Sakura's company I would go bat shit crazy. No one has ever had this kind of hold on me. What's worse, each date or encounter we did get to have, often became heated. My male urges were growing worse with ever kiss and teasing action she made. Wearing a lower cut shirt than usual, bending over in front of me, or the way she would begin to rub my inner thigh and brush my--.

My thoughts were interrupted by my loud cousin. "Yo Itachi, you in there?" I turned toward the man at my left and nodded, "Of course." He looked at me skeptically, "Thinking about Sakura-chan? Still haven't made a move? She's been dropping hints for a while now, hasn't she?" How did he know I was thinking about sex? "It isn't polite to try and delve into our relationship Shisui." Facing forward again only caused him to walk backward in front of me. "Oh no, little cousin. You aren't getting out of this. Why haven't you done it already? Ino tells me, she's been practically begging for it. Why are you turning her down?" Changing the subject seemed to be a good alternative to the current topic. "Why are you talking to Yamanaka-san?" He winked, "She and I are just having a little fun. Nothing serious by any means. This won't go beyond the bedroom or bathroom or garden-shed." The poor girl was only sixteen, turning seventeen and the friend of my most precious person. If it wasn't for that reason I wouldn't intervene in his sexual relationship at all. "Shisui, does she know its only sex? She's young, don't ruin her outlook of love." He smirked, "She knows, besides she seems to have feelings for a former Root member turned ANBU. That pastey one, Sai. But he hasn't seemed to catch on yet. I'm just a fling until that starts. And I don't mind being the source of relief from her sexual tension. She's a kitten. Win-win situation." I sighed at his response, "How is he adjusting to ANBU?" His face became serious, "He's doing well. Once the seal was removed, he gave a great amount of information on Danzo and his band of robots. Who knew someone raised to have no emotion at all would have a sense of right and wrong? Danzo and his operatives have vanished however. They are being hunted as we speak. He's assimilating well." A curt nod was my response.

Suddenly, there was a cheerful laugh in front of us. One I couldn't get enough of. She was sitting at a café with Ino and the Hyuga girl, sipping tea. "If you'll excuse me, Shisui." I began to approach, only to be followed by him. With a raised brow, I looked at him. "What? Sakura-chan is my friend and I sleep with Ino, I can talk to them too. Hey! Sakura-chan!" He yelled the last part. Her eyes left the blonde in front of her and landed on us. "Itachi-kun, Shisui-kun! Come join us!" We did as instructed and the girls next to her greeted us warmly. "We were just on break from our shift at the hospital. Director-sama, here has been working Hinata and I like crazy. Not to mention over working herself. You should really reign in your woman, Itachi-san." She and Hinata laughed. "Really, Ino and I don't have that many duties. But Sakura-chan pushes herself to the point we have to force her into her office to sleep." Eyeing said pinkette, she chuckled nervously, "It's no big deal. I enjoy the work. Seeing the smile on everyone's faces is all I need." Those word's warmed my heart and I gave her a small smile. "Have you presented your project plans to Hokage-sama yet, Sakura-chan?" Ino asked after taking a bite of her sandwich. Sakura's eyes lit up as she plopped a thick folder down on the table and began handing pages to all of us. "I'm going to do it tonight after my session with Shishou. Then I have dinner with Uchiha-sama, so I won't be able to do rounds tonight. I'll have to ask Shizune-niichan to do it for me."

My gaze met Shisui's as we both looked up from the meticulous project, laid out on paper in front of us. "Why are you meeting with my father?" The girls looked confused by my question. "Is it unusal for the father of her boyfriend to want to chat over dinner?" Asked Ino with a chuckle. "It is unusual for the head of one of the great households.. Especially without said boyfriend or her own father present." Hinata answered, as the daughter of one of the great households she would understand. Though the Yamanaka are a shinobi family, they weren't at the caliber of the Uchiha or Hyuga and far more laid back. "It isn't the first time, I've spoken privately with Uchiha-sama. I've known him since childhood. It isn't a big deal." She said trying to brush off the conversation. "You've spoken with him before? About what?" I asked a little more sternly this time. "He just wanted to know my plans for the future and how my training was going. I don't see the harm in it." This time Shisui spoke, "Where are you meeting for dinner tonight?" Sakura was growing irritated, she stood, removed her lab coat from the back of her chair and pulled it on. Next she collected the bundle of folders, "Ino, Hinata, our break is over. We have a lot of work to do. Good bye Itachi-kun, Shisui-kun." "Yes, Director-sama." The two girls said in unison, as if they knew the moment her coat came on she was in charge again. The blonde and dark haired girl left ahead of Sakura. As she made to leave herself, I caught her wrist. This only caused her to grow more angry. "Itachi-kun, let me go. I have a job to do." My grip grew tighter and eyes grew stern as I looked down into her jade orbs. "Where are you meeting him, Sakura?" Her glare intensified, her firey attitude was usual attractive but right now her stubbornness was bothering me. "We're meeting at Yumimoro's, the sushi place. At eight. Now let me go or I'll make you." I released her, she'd given me the information I needed and with a single punch I could end up in the hospital. Best not to anger the young beauty, any further. Surprisingly, she kissed my cheek, "No matter how angry you make me. I won't leave you without showing you, I care. You never know what the last thing you'll say to another will be. Something my father taught me." With that she left.