Not alone

Mine's POV

I was siting on one of the cliffs looking down at our new hideout. Everybody else was already asleep and I should be too but I just couldn't. The moon was shining brightly and the stars looked beautiful. I liked our new hideout. I think the only person who was sad that we had to move was Tatsumi, because he had to leave his friends gravestones behind. I wish I would have gotten a chance to burry Sheele.  I missed her. I still couldn't believe that she was gone. It was all my fault. She died for me. But crying about it would not change that. The only thing I could do was fight even harder to kill the emperor, change this country and most importantly kill the bitch who who killed her. I sighed. I thought going outside would maybe help me calm down but now I felt even worse and would probably not going to be able to sleep at all.

I suddenly heard footsteps getting closer and as I turned around I saw Chelsea. She just always had to bother me, didn't she? "What do you want?" I asked harshly. "You're sad because of your friends death." "What do you care?" "I know how you feel." I laughed "No you don't because you don't feel." "I just wanted to help you" I laughed again "Help me? You don't care about me. You don't care about my dead friends. You don't even care about your own dead friends. Your own team died and yet you're not sad. You're way to busy being a selfish bitch."  She didn't respond to that which surprised. I turned around and was shocked by the look on her face. She wasn't grinning like I expected, she just looked like she was about to cry. At that moment I realized that I had actually hurt her feelings. 

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I... I don't know what I was thinking."  "It's okay." She mumbled. "You wanna talk?" I asked. She just nodded and sat down besides me. We just sat there looking at the stars for a few minutes before Chelsea started talking again. "I'm sorry." "For what?" I asked "I was the one who freaked out and insulted you." "But you have the right to be mad. What I said about Sheele and Bulat was mean. I was just scared." She sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds. "I still miss my old team and I don't think I could handle losing my comrades again." 

I put my arm around her in an effort to comfort her. I had never been good at comforting people since I grew up all alone on the streets. I had never had anyone to comfort and nobody had ever comforted me. Siting so close to a person I hat hated a few hours ago felt weird but she seemed to calm down a little. 

"Do you ever regret joining the revolution army?" She asked after a few minutes. "No" I said without hesitating. "This country is rotten. If we don't change it nobody will." I said with determination.

"Me neither"  She said "If I didn't I would have a pleasant life. I probably wouldn't have lost anybody close to me either and wouldn't have to constantly worry about my friends dying. But I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I just let those monsters continue ruining this country without doing anything about it. " 

I was surprised to see that she actually believed in what she was doing. Now that I thought about it it would have been weird not to. Nobody becomes a killer without a reason. I guess I didn't really know her at all. 

"I know you wanna get revenge for Sheeles death but don't do something stupid and get yourself killed." "I will do everything I can to kill that Bitch." I said emphatically. "I know, and I'm not asking you not to, but don't take unnecessary risks. You're not alone. Let other people help you. " She blushed and looked away while mumbling something. I wasn't sure what she said but it sounded like she was trying to say "Let me help you." "What was that?" I asked, "Nothing" she said "Just... if you died many people would be sad." I smiled and rested my head on her shoulder. We both fell asleep siting there.