1 • The Beginning

It was early in the morning when my alarm clock let out one of the most annoying sounds, reminding me that it is the first day of school. Most importantly, the day mostly focus on me trying my best to be myself and make some actual friends. Yeah sure, I talk to people like Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett; however, I do not hang out with anyone. I even went through the long process of getting all new clothes with my mom that will make me stand out.

Anyways, I went through my closet and picked out an outfit that consisted of a pair of black skinny jeans, a white tank top, a maroon cardigan, and a pair of healed booties. Once I was dressed, I did some light make up and put on a necklace that had been handed down through my family for years. My mom won't exactly say where it comes from but will say that I need to have it on at all times when I am out of the house.

"Callie, come on its time to go" My mom exclaims from the bottom of the steps. I grabbed my leather book bag and my cell before joining her in the hallway. My dad reminded me of the annual back to school bonfire is coming up soon and I should go. I know what you're thinking and yes my parents are that desperate for me to get out that they remind me when something fun is coming up. Once my mom kissed my dad goodbye, she drove me to school and dropped me off. I enter the familiar high school hallway and watch as other students greeted each other after our long break.

"Excuse me" A male's voice came from behind me causing me to turn around. There was a guy my age with dirty blonde hair standing there looking a little bit confused.

"Hey what's up" I asked giving a small smile.

"Can you help me find the office?"

"Sure, just follow me"

"Thanks! I'm Stefan"

"Callie, nice to meet you" I stated as I introduced myself to the new guy. We talked and got to know more about each other as we made our way to the school's office.

"Thanks Callie" Stefan says once we reached the office.

"You're welcome! I'll see you around" I replied giving him a smile before walking out of the office. I did not make it very far when I ran into Elena and Bonnie, who were standing outside the office while watching Stefan get his schedule.

"Yeah a hot back... I'm getting a traveling musician vibe from him" Bonnie tells Elena as I joined them.

"His name is Stefan, just got here and lives with his uncle" I fill them in as I stood on the other side of Elena.

"Oh hey Callie" Elena says smiling as Bonnie looked over my way.

"Hey Callie, how was your summer" the latter girl asked with a smile.

"It was okay, got to go travel a lot"

"Cool! Hey, let us give you our numbers, so we can hang out more often" Bonnie says causing me to smile and hand over my phone to them. No sooner as Elena and Bonnie put their numbers in, the schools queen bee herself –Caroline Forbes- grabbed my phone and put her number in.

"Text me whenever you are free, so I can come over and help pick out your outfit for the bonfire" Caroline says handing me back my phone.

"Yeah, okay..." I said unsure of how to react in this situation.

"Well if you're going to be friends with Bonnie and Elena then you're my friend too. We are a package deal" She explains looping her arm through mine.